Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
N30i Nasal Cushion - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: N30i Nasal Cushion (/Thread-N30i-Nasal-Cushion)

N30i Nasal Cushion - Joe Bezz - 09-21-2021

[attachment=35853][attachment=35854]My DME sends me some nasal cushions! I was using the N30i Nasal cushion shown in the first photo with EXCELLENT results! When I changed to the new cushion with the updated exhalation port, shown in the second photo my AHI numbers suddenly shot up! I looked at OSCAR and my data with both is very simular except for my AHI which jumped from way below 1.0 to almost 2.0 Anyone else have a similar issue with this updated cushion! Thank you.

RE: N30i Nasal Cushion - factor - 09-21-2021

The second one is the newest design. The first one is most likely not available anymore. You might re fit your mask.

I have tried the n30i several times I love the design. I always have higher leak rate and higher ahi. So I went back to the dreamwear.

RE: N30i Nasal Cushion - Joe Bezz - 09-21-2021

Thanks Brent! When you say "re fit" are you guessing it is too tight or too loose?

Well since the older one had hard plastic. Which would not be as flexible. I would guess to tight.

In any event just loosen it up and hold it to your face. Letting it float there so you get a feel for when it stops leaking. Then attach the Velcro about where you think it was. Then test. Also make sure you lay down and assume all your sleeping positions. Go slow. Small changes only.

Also you need to refit if the design changes or mask material changes. This is both.

RE: N30i Nasal Cushion - Joe Bezz - 09-21-2021

Thank you! Looking back at last night I tend to agree that the mask may have been too tight! I will try re adjusting and let you know how it works out! Thanks for your input!

RE: N30i Nasal Cushion - Jsukim21 - 09-21-2021

I like wearing it because I can wear it looser then my other mask. Might want to make sure it's the right size also. I wear a sw in the n30i and med in f30i.

(09-21-2021, 10:13 AM)Jsukim21 Wrote: I like wearing it because I can wear it looser then my other mask. Might want to make sure it's the right size also. I wear a sw in the n30i and med in f30i.

I have noticed the sizes are standard across resmed mask styles either.  its kind of a bummer.  I like there designs but the implementation is kind of wonky.

RE: N30i Nasal Cushion - WendyF - 10-09-2021

I have 2 variations of the pic on the right.  One appears to have a filter in the diffuser and the other has the diffuser but no ‘filter’, just an open back behind the holes.   The one with no filter came from starter set up.  The newer version with the filter layer and back seems like it will make exhalation harder.    Experience?