Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data (/Thread-Treatment-Requesting-Feedback-on-my-Oscar-data)

Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - amymusic1234 - 09-25-2021

Hello-

I'm posting for the first time since starting use of my CPAP on July 29. My provider initially had me on pressures from 6-12, and changed it to a straight 7 when my AHI wasn't coming down, and when I complained of Clear Airways. I continue to have mostly clear airways, and my obstructive, and hypopnea numbers are very low. I've reduced pressures gradually to 6, and changed my EPR to 0, and my AHI has reduced somewhat. I'm also struggling with some nasal stuffiness that prevents me from breathing out of my left nostril at times. I'm using neti pot and CPAP humidity to work on this since I don't want to use steroids because of the bone loss potential.

I still awaken multiple times a night, don't feel refreshed when I awaken, and sometimes have a headache or sleepiness in the afternoon. 

Here are my questions:

-How possible is it that my Clear Airways are often inaccurate, and are happening when awake?
-Is there still some leeway for reduction of pressures to reduce these clear airways? Since my AHI was mild to moderate in my sleep study, is it feasible that I need a pressure less than 6?  (It looks like treatment emergence central apnea usually reduces by this time?) (less than 6 seems really low...)
-Is it time to ask for an in-person sleep study? (My first one was at home, and showed no clear airways)

I'm attaching some Oscar screenshots of two recent nights with a zoomed in portion of one of those nights. 

Thanks for any feedback you can offer. I've really appreciated having Oscar, and also appreciate the gift and wisdom contained in this forum!

RE: Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - clownbell - 09-25-2021

One of the experts will stop by and help you with this. For what my non-expert opinion is worth, I wonder whether the AutoSet is the right machine for you. This machine is not capable of fixing this many centrals. Your doc may need to switch you to a different type of machine -- but the protocol is that you must fail on this one first. If that is the case, you can return the machine if it is a rental or sell it on this forum or keep it as a backup under the theory that it would be better than no backup at all.  Good luck!

Administrator Note:

Rule #3
No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade, or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, CPAP humidifiers, CPAP masks, CPAP hoses or the individual parts that make up such items)............

See complete Rules here:  
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-Apnea-Board-Rules

RE: Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - Deborah K. - 09-26-2021

Welcome! I am also not an expert, but my understanding is that lots of folks have quite a few clear airway readings when they are new to using a pap machine. For many of them, the CA's go away as they adjust to the machine. Experts will undoubtedly be along to give more advice soon.

RE: Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - amymusic1234 - 09-27-2021

Thanks to both of you that commented. I'm still hoping that someone with personal experience or expertise will weigh in on this post!

RE: Requesting Feedback on my Oscar data - Crimson Nape - 09-27-2021

amymusic1234 - You lost a lot of valuable information by showing the calendar. Please use the F12 key to take screenshots for posting here. Please review the links in my signature to help in understanding OSCAR and presenting images here.

Since you are on a fixed pressure, please replace this graph with the Flow Limit graph.

Crimson Nape-Thanks for your guidance. I attached three nights of data----hopefully, correctly!

I'm attaching what I think is the flow limitation graph...