Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Woke up about 50 times last night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Woke up about 50 times last night (/Thread-Woke-up-about-50-times-last-night)

Woke up about 50 times last night - DJCpap - 09-30-2021

Hello! Not sure why, but I am waking up a lot through the night. Had more apneas last night than I've had in two weeks. When I zoom in on them, looks like a lot of breathing variations before and after the apneas. Also, not sure if the tidal volume looks strange. Here is an overview.

RE: Woke up about 50 times last night - DJCpap - 09-30-2021

Also, I do not know how to update my profile, but my current pressures are between 9-13.

RE: Woke up about 50 times last night - Crimson Nape - 09-30-2021

To edit your profile, select the UserCP (User Control Panel) at the top right of every page.  In the lower left of the control panel, select Your Profile > Edit Profile..

I have provided a link to this section, [HERE],

RE: Woke up about 50 times last night - sheepless - 09-30-2021

your chart looks good at the all night scale. your tidal volume is a bit low but that might be appropriate for you (search internet for a tidal volume calculator to check).

I see only one for-sure awakening indicated by a mask-off. if waking a lot is a one-off or not frequent, don't worry about it. if it happens often, find a way to note the times. mask off, stop flow, spike a fast large leak or inhale, use a voice activated audio recorder... then scrutinize the 2 minutes before the awakenings looking for anomalies and patterns that might help identify what the problem is. in addition, keep a journal noting things that might affect sleep like food, drink, meds, pain, stress, noise, etc.

RE: Woke up about 50 times last night - DJCpap - 09-30-2021

Thank you. I do not turn the machine off or take the mask off each time I wake up. The only time I do that is if I have to go to the bathroom. I just wake up and adjust my position and then go back to sleep. I will look up what my tidal volume should be. I think it may have gone down since upping the pressure to 9. Honestly, I don't really know what tidal volume is!

RE: Woke up about 50 times last night - sheepless - 10-01-2021

yes, I understand you woke many times but there's only one place we can point to, hence the suggestion to figure out a way to note the times you woke so you can investigate them further.

there's a glossary in the wiki and a link in oscar under help.

tidal volume is: The amount of air that is inspired or expired in an ordinary breath. Usually expressed in milliliters per second (mL/sec). Used with the respiratory rate to calculate Minute Vent. (Minute Ventilation in L/min = (Tidal volume in mL/1000) * (Respiratory rate in breaths per minute) )