Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
at what point does it actually start to get better? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: at what point does it actually start to get better? (/Thread-at-what-point-does-it-actually-start-to-get-better)

at what point does it actually start to get better? - mallwalker - 10-06-2021

i've been using my CPAP for exactly two months today. you can see from the attachments what last night looked like. every night is pretty much like this. i still feel awful, and my diagnosed AHI from my original sleep study was only like 14 AHI. i've had three or four discussions with a technician (at kaiser...) who will only say that, they can only see how long i used the machine and what the AHI, and nothing else when I bring up the centrals. either they can't or don't want to access the more detailed data.

they also say that the centrals are caused by sleeping on my back, and that i need to sleep longer to feel better. my body just doesn't want to sleep longer than 8 hours, so i dont know what to do about that? the only thing they've really done is make slight adjustments to the pressure, i started at 4-20, they changed it to like 6-15 and then 7-11. i bumped that final value up myself just a little because it felt like i wasnt getting enough air.

[attachment=36268][attachment=36269][attachment=36270]

RE: at what point does it actually start to get better? - DaveCar - 10-06-2021

I think if you hit F12 for a screenshot (built-in process in Oscar), it saves a shot that displays more info for the pros to see.

Strange that your expert said to sleep on your back to prevent centrals.

RE: at what point does it actually start to get better? - staceyburke - 10-06-2021

With all of those centrals I can see why you are not feeling well. As the last post said use F12 key in Oscar to make a good screenshot. Also make it the full night to help us see the problems. If they needs closeup (zoomed) they will tell you what they need to see.

Also we would needed to see the sleep study you had done at the sleep lab. Black out your personal info.

RE: at what point does it actually start to get better? - mallwalker - 10-06-2021

adding f12 screenshot

[attachment=36271]

RE: at what point does it actually start to get better? - SarcasticDave94 - 10-06-2021

Just my opinion, but I'm thinking it's time to address the CA trainwreck with Dr. Blind Squirrel. You need to take pen to paper and describe the PAP therapy, how it makes you feel, mention the fatigue, the unrest, not feeling good positive consistent benefits, maybe a pinch of research on Central Apnea and that your current CPAP isn't the right tool for CA. I would be inclined to be full on negative info and full off the positive. Include mentions that research tells you of an ASV that is the right tool to combat CA. Your resolution is likely going to include getting doc to take your symptoms and complaints serious enough to act. You need to request titration on ASV.