Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
resmed airsense 10 noise problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: resmed airsense 10 noise problem (/Thread-resmed-airsense-10-noise-problem)

Pages: 1 2

resmed airsense 10 noise problem - annoyed - 10-21-2021

I got the machine brand new 3-4 months ago (used 1-2 months top). It always made a noise like this, I went to the place that I got it and they said it's normal. I also made a reddit post and people also said it's normal.(1-2 months ago) But it's driving me crazy right now, I am thinking of getting fisher & paykel icon+ (watched some youtube videos it doesn't make any sound). Even if I can sleep with earplugs on I don't think my roommates can in near future. 

does this sound normal? 

streamable.com/rm1u4o

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - staceyburke - 10-22-2021

I don't hear mine at all.  Is yours from the machine or the mask?

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - annoyed - 10-22-2021

(10-22-2021, 12:01 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I don't hear mine at all.  Is yours from the machine or the mask?

from the machine, mask makes no noise with quiet air thing

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - StevesSp - 10-22-2021

Are you referring to the sound of air movement, which seems normal to me, or the 'pop' that can be heard? If the latter is indeed coming from the machine, it's not normal.

I have heard something similar from time to time out of my machine, but only on startup. I'm guessing it is a flappy valve or something. Whatever it is, it doesn't pop all the time.

My FF mask sometimes makes a similar noise if I haven't inserted the CO2 valve correctly.

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - SevereApnea - 10-22-2021

That is too loud. Could not sleep with that.

If they say its normal ask them to show you the same noise on other machines.

Occasionally my water tank ( humidifier ) will click a bit on starting. I just take some big breaths to seat it in better.

I remember when I first got my demo ResMed the sleep tech showed me how to insert the water tank. She was very firm with it. Whacked it in hard!

Wouldn't think I could sleep with that noise you have there. Is your humidifier seal properly seated?

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - LifesABeach - 10-22-2021

My Airsense 10 Autoset makes a similar noise. I bought the machine 23 months ago. It made a wheezing sound, but only on inhalation. The respiratory therapist at the company I purchased it from, said they couldn’t hear anything, but I could record it on my phone when I held it right up to the mask. They sent the machine back, but the replacement had the same noise. It’s only on inhalation, and resonates up the tube, so earplugs don’t work. The replacement did the same thing. I tried a new hose, and new mask. I’ve checked humidifier seal, but nothing gets rid of the wheeze.

I had been on cpap for 12 years before purchasing the Airsense 10. Both machines were from Resmed, and I had absolutely no problems sleeping with either of them. I adjusted to Cpap immediately, and have conformed 100% to treatment

Company refused to send second machine back. I have gone back to my Resmed S9, because I couldn’t get any sleep, but I’m having trouble with the humidifier. I called Resmed, and they told me they don’t talk to patients.

I’ve read about a wheezing sound on other boards. It resonates up the hose, but only on inhalation, so it’s impossible to adjust to. I have very acute hearing, so I don’t know if that’s why I’m having problems, but not many other people do. I didn’t have any problem with my Resmed S9 or S8 during 12 years of use. My warranty is almost up. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the company to help me out? Canadian prices for Resmeds are very high. At this point, I don’t mind buying a new machine, but I don’t want a Resmed 11. They look almost the same. I can’t find any other machines here in stock.

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - annoyed - 10-22-2021

yeah everything is sealed correctly. sadly I waited too long to ask here.. I am abroad now but I will definitely visit them again in future. Meanwhile I will try to create sound isolation with

cartoon box and isolation material so that my roommates won't kick me out  Sad or will get a cheap cpap to use for 4-5months

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - DeeKaa - 10-31-2021

Just curious if anyone had any new info on this above described noise coming from some AirSense10?
My 3 month old AirSense10 has been perfect until last night when it started making similiar to the above described. I was getting a bit worried about getting to sleep as it was not constant but reacted to my breathing. If I held my breath, the sound pulsed but I did not notice air pulsing. Anyway, I ended up moving the machine as far as possible from me with its back facing the bed to help the hose reach. Seemed to help and was able to get to sleep.

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - Nightynite - 10-31-2021

I got a brand new auto set 10 and it made noise. It was a replacement for an older unit. I listen to it for about 20 min when I first got it and repackaged it and took it back to my DME.

She said it happens and was happy to replace it with another new one that worked fine.

I don’t hear it at all.

RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem - Big Guy - 10-31-2021

Got my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet back in Sept. of 2018. From the very 1st night of use til now, it's completely silent. 

The only thing I hear is my breath inside my mask.