Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Oscar data help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Oscar data help (/Thread-Oscar-data-help--34420)

Oscar data help - arkay95 - 10-25-2021

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I downloaded OSCAR the other day and I was wondering if you guys could help me make sense of the results. I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset. My untreated AHI was 17.4. My pressure settings are 7-12 cmH20. My EPR is set at 3.

I think the data looks ok but I'm not too sure. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

RE: Oscar data help - quiescence at last - 10-25-2021

i would love that, if it were mine. looks good, especially if you also feel like you got good sleep.

QAL

RE: Oscar data help - Melman - 10-25-2021

Your numbers look good. I suggest turning off ramp. It shouldn't be needed at the low pressures your running. EPR of 3 would reduce your flow limits but there not bad no.

RE: Oscar data help - clownbell - 10-25-2021

Your numbers look great. Congratulations!!

RE: Oscar data help - OpalRose - 10-26-2021

Your data looks fine. It's how well you're sleeping and you feel everyday that is the question.

You can have a low AHI, but not feel rested, or a bit higher AHI and feel great.

The reason I state the above is that you show several breaks in therapy during the night. You'll have to figure out why that is, but your numbers look good.

RE: Oscar data help - arkay95 - 10-26-2021

(10-25-2021, 10:44 PM)Melman Wrote: Your numbers look good. I suggest turning off ramp. It shouldn't be needed at the low pressures your running. EPR of 3 would reduce your flow limits but there not bad 
Oh ok gothca. Thanks for the advice!

RE: Oscar data help - arkay95 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 08:39 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your data looks fine.  It's how well you're sleeping and you feel everyday that is the question.  

You can have a low AHI, but not feel rested, or a bit higher AHI and feel great.

The reason I state the above is that you show several breaks in therapy during the night.  You'll have to figure out why that is, but your numbers look good.

Thank you for the reply. 

I'm sleeping ok, not great. For the day I posted the data of, I slept well and felt good in the morning, but I've had a couple days with the similar data but haven't been feeling the best (headache, fatigue.) 

I think the breaks are due to me getting up several times to drink water as I usually get pretty bad dry mouth and throat. I've been using tape to keep my mouth shut which has helped a little but im still waking up a couple times a night to drink water which leads to me waking up even more to go to the washroom. Not sure what other options I have to help the dry mouth.

Thanks again!

(10-25-2021, 10:52 PM)clownbell Wrote: Your numbers look great. Congratulations!!

Thanks for the reply!

(10-25-2021, 09:13 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: i would love that, if it were mine.  looks good, especially if you also feel like you got good sleep.

QAL

For that particular day I felt good but since then I've had similar data but haven't been feeling the best. Maybe I just have to get used to the machine.

Thank you for the reply!