Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
EPR Settings and Flow limits - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: EPR Settings and Flow limits (/Thread-EPR-Settings-and-Flow-limits)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 10-29-2021

Hello! I have posted here about frequent awakenings despite low AHIs and someone suggested it could be to flow limits and that I should try raising the EPR from 2 to 3. I also have had issues with swallowing air. I used to use a chin strap, but it was not reliable. At the suggestion of my doctor I am now using Somnifix. It keeps my mouth shut, but I have had a couple of nights where air was trapped in my mouth (like a puffer fish!). Once I woke up in a manner similar to having an apnea, after dreaming my mouth was puffing up. Anyway, all this to say I need help looking at data re: EPR and any advice with regard to air swallowing. I am not sure that I am still swallowing air or not. I do have other health issues, like reflux, possible gastritis, mildly fatty liver and diastolic dysfunction, all probably cause by years of undiagnosed OSA. 
The first report is with an EPR of 2 and the second is an EPR of 3. I think I do wake up less at 3, but it is too soon to tell. ANy help is appreciated!

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - staceyburke - 10-29-2021

The 3 EPR does have better flow limits but as you suggest - go for which makes you feel better…

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 10-29-2021

Thank you! I will keep going with it and see how I feel. Do you see anything on the chart that would otherwise be problematic? 
Just trying to get it so I am waking up less.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 10-29-2021

Also, here are details of the night with the EPR of 3.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - staceyburke - 10-29-2021

It looked like you wake up less with EPR 3. Hopefully you will start to feel better after a few days. Sorry but don’t see anything that look like a problem.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - Sleeprider - 10-29-2021

Everything posted is less than 1-AHI and shows excellent therapy The solution that is most comfortable and lets you sleep with minimal disruption is the best way to go. My observation is that EPR 3 is working, but your minimum pressure needs to be a bit higher, like 11.0 with EPR 3 (11/8).

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 10-30-2021

Thank you! I will raise the pressure a bit and see what happens.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - StuartC - 10-31-2021

I am looking at my EPR v.s flow limits as well.  I have found the overview chart for flow limits helpful because I can see a distinct difference in my data between nights with EPR = 3 and nights with EPR < 3.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 10-31-2021

Hello! 
I upped my pressure to 10 and I had a lot of centrals. Should I wait it out and see if they go away, or should I drop the pressure back to where it was where I was getting no centrals?

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - Sleeprider - 10-31-2021

If you compare the charts from 10/28 and 10/30 the median and 95th percentile pressures are nearly identical, so this increase was not very significant in terms of the pressure you experience at night. The CA events are not significant at about 1 per 2-hours, so I would suggest giving any setting more than one night to establish a trend. Your therapy is good enough you can just choose the settings that are most comfortable to you. I'd be surprised if you could tell the difference between these two sessions if you were not looking at the data.