Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
EPR Settings and Flow limits - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: EPR Settings and Flow limits (/Thread-EPR-Settings-and-Flow-limits)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - pholynyk - 02-14-2022

In the Sleep Report, if you scroll down past the humidifier Smily face, you will find My Air and below that 'Period'. If you select that by pushing the big round knob, you can select the number of days used to calculate averages. The default when first turn on, or after a power failure, is 30 days, but OSCAR reports on single days in the Daily Report. That may well be the reason for the difference you noticed.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - Crimson Nape - 02-15-2022

The Resmed has 5 AHI reporting periods on the 10 series. Day, Week, Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, and Year. I believe the default setting is 1-Month. If you select another reporting period to display, and the A10 loses power, it will resort back to the Month reporting display.

My question is, Which reporting period is your A10 set to? That will make all the difference between its reported AHI and OSCAR's reported AHI for that day.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - DJCpap - 02-15-2022

It is set to 1 month. What should it be? Also, this seems weird. Aren't my AHI numbers for the night for that night?
THANKS

I changed it to 1 day. Does this mean the numbers they gave me were averages for the month?

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - Crimson Nape - 02-15-2022

Yes, if that setting is anything other than 1 Day, then the AHI is an average of the time period. This also answers your question you posted [HERE] about the discrepancies between the Resmed screen and OSCAR's reported AHI.

Thank you! I think it is weird to have AHIs on the machine each day that do not reflect the previous night only, but I guess people want/need different things from their machines!

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - Sleeprider - 02-15-2022

There are important uses for statistics with different averaging periods to determine trends. The reports are not user-friendly for non-professionals, and if you want to look at the 1-day average, you have to be sure that is what you're looking at.

Okay, so now that it is set to 1 day, my AHI in the morning will reflect what happened the night before, correct?
Sorry. I never knew that setting existed. I think my power went off briefly last week and maybe that was when it reset to monthly.

RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits - OpalRose - 02-15-2022

Yes, setting it to 1 day will reflect the night of sleep you just finished, that is any sleep between noon the previous day and noon of the current day you awake. (24 hr period)

If your device is turned off for any reason, it will automatically reset to default, which
is 1 month.

Got it! Thanks again!