Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! (/Thread-A-puzzle-I-have-too-many-CPAP-machines)

A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - 2albion - 10-30-2021

Oddly, I now have three CPAP machines, and need advice on which to keep. What would you do?

ResMed Airsense 11 - I just started using this new machine
Dreamstation 2 - unopened, still in box
Dreamstation - fixed after recall. I removed the recalled soundproofing, but it's somehow quieter!

Which one should I keep?
Should I also keep a backup and sell only one? Even if my insurance is good for every 5 years?
Are these even sellable or are they only available via prescription?

Thanks for your advice.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - upsman - 10-30-2021

Keep the ResMed and use this one.
Keep the DS 2 as a backup....trust me, you will probably need it sometime.
Burn the original DS.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - OpalRose - 10-30-2021

That depends if you like to use OSCAR and check your data.  The DS2 is not compatible with OSCAR, and probably won't be for some time...

Whereas, the DS1 is compatible with OSCAR, and since you've made the necessary repair, you should keep it for a backup.

Use the ResMed A11 as your primary machine.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - Gideon - 10-30-2021

I'm with OPAL, data is a must, keep DS2 as backup, use AS11

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - DaveCar - 10-31-2021

Im probably going to end up in a similar situation.
The current plan is to sell off the DS2, use the Resmed, and keep the old DS as backup until insurance gives the green light to swap up.. then ditch the DS and have two Resmeds going forward.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - 2albion - 10-31-2021

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated. What about disposing of whatever CPAP machine I'm not using? Is it in fact prescription only? Or can I sell it?

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - GuyScharf - 10-31-2021

You can sell it, as many people do, but NOT HERE! 

ApneaBoard rules prohibit sale or transfer of prescription-required items by the forums or PMs.

There are other forums and facebook pages where you can sell your used equipment.

And there is always Craigslist.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - Gideon - 10-31-2021

CPAPs and CPAP masks are Class 2 medical devices. As such a prescription is required for sale to users. DO NOT sell on Apnea Board in any way form or means.

That said units are sold other ways, estate sales craigslist and such.

Amazon and eBay have stopped selling CPAPS because of the prescription requirement.

RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines! - Neelix - 11-01-2021

And of course there's always Supplier #2. They have a "Sell your CPAP" link right at the top of their page.

- Neelix