Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format (/Thread-Backing-up-Oscar-data-in-Resmed-Format)

Pages: 1 2

Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - S. Manz - 10-30-2021

Is there a way to backup or export Oscar Data in their original Resmed memory card format?
Thanks.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - GuyScharf - 10-30-2021

OSCAR backs up most of the original SD card data to Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiiles/<your profile name>/<Machine>/Backup. It does not backup the Settings directory because OSCAR has not used that directory in the past. (This may change in the future.)

You can simply copy the contents of the Backup directory wherever you want.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - Jeff8356 - 10-30-2021

If you are inserting your SD card into your computer daily then you can just copy the SD card data to a backup folder of your choice.

If you are using FlashAir or such, you can use a simple script (batch file) to copy the data from the card also.  Linux or Mac can use rsync, not sure what the Win equivalent is though.

I keep a copy of the entire SD card (updated daily) just in case something goes wrong.  Easy enough to get a new SD card and copy the data to it.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - S. Manz - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 03:25 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: OSCAR backs up most of the original SD card data to Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiiles/<your profile name>/<Machine>/Backup. It does not backup the Settings directory because OSCAR has not used that directory in the past. (This may change in the future.)

You can simply copy the contents of the Backup directory wherever you want.

Awesome. Thanks.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - S. Manz - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 05:05 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I keep a copy of the entire SD card (updated daily) just in case something goes wrong.  Easy enough to get a new SD card and copy the data to it.

Yes, well, unfortunately that is part of my problem.
I erased my data card back on the 10th this month so my card only holds data from the 10th onwards and unlike you, I never thought of backing the card up.
Now I need my long term data which is on Oscar, so I can import it (or open it) in another program (Resscan), but Oscar does not have a way to output the data in its form other than export in CVS format. Problem is that Resscan cannot import CVS (neither can Oscar, which makes me wonder why these things can export but not import the same format as they export) Oh-jeez
Anyway, another member just told me where to find this data which Oscar apparently keeps. So I should be able to just use them to import my history into Resscan.
Here's the thing, neither program (Resscan or Oscar) is capable of reading original data off of anything other than a SD card Big Grin so I will have to save these files on a SD card and then have Resscan read them. Keep fingers crossed it should work....Now, where did I leave that blank SD card.....

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - Crimson Nape - 10-31-2021

The backup files in OSCAR are the raw data files from the CPAP. All you need to do is copy the files back into your Datalog directory on the SD card. OSCAR isn't involved in this operation, it's just a standard file copy. ResScan will only read from an SD card.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - Jeff8356 - 10-31-2021

(10-30-2021, 11:16 PM)S. Manz Wrote: Here's the thing, neither program (Resscan or Oscar) is capable of reading original data off of anything other than a SD card

ResScan needs to read the data off of an SD card.  They don't give you an option for anything else.

OSCAR will import the SD card data from wherever you tell it to.  SD card, HDD, cloud, etc.  Some users prefer DropBox, others use network storage.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - S. Manz - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 12:22 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: ResScan needs to read the data off of an SD card.  They don't give you an option for anything else.

OSCAR will import the SD card data from wherever you tell it to.  SD card, HDD, cloud, etc.  Some users prefer DropBox, others use network storage.

Yeah.....Just found that out too. Never paid attention to Oscar giving me a choice where to pull data from.
Anyway, now I have a new problem because It looks like Rescan can only import 40 days  worth of data and it won't give me a choiice on the date range to read.

Thanks.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - Jeff8356 - 10-31-2021

I have not used ResScan in a long time. But I seem to remember that you could change how much data it downloaded. Think it was a setting in the download window itself. Next time you D/L your data into ResScan have a look at what options it gives you on that screen.

RE: Backing up Oscar data in Resmed Format - S. Manz - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 10:22 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I have not used ResScan in a long time.  But I seem to remember that you could change how much data it downloaded.  Think it was a setting in the download window itself.  Next time you D/L your data into ResScan have a look at what options it gives you on that screen.

Yes, there's choices in the download pull-down including a choice for "all", but I double checked everywhere for a "date range",without luck.
As it is Resscan only downloads 34 sessions....which could be part of the reason why Resscan isn't popular. (its graph review is also very cumbersome)
I only like using it for its report generator because my doctor is familiar with it (and I will not use the modem), but I think she just has to get used to reading Oscar reports as I am done messing around and wasting time with this thing.