Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SPO2 "range" - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SPO2 "range" (/Thread-SPO2-range)

Pages: 1 2

SPO2 "range" - cberistain - 11-15-2021

I've been using the contec CMS50F for a few weeks  ... I notice that I have one spike that drops to 88% each night ... is this an acceptable level or something I have to work on?
thanks 
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed airfit F30i mask / oscar

RE: SPO2 "range" - Jeff8356 - 11-15-2021

A screenshot showing the dip would be helpful. But generally if it's a quick blip that low it may have just been the sensor briefly losing contact with your finger while you moved.
If it dropped and stayed there for a few minutes (or longer) you may have some other health issues that need to be addressed with your Dr.

RE: SPO2 "range" - SarcasticDave94 - 11-15-2021

It depends. How long is it at 88? A few seconds, then no it's not an issue. 5, 6 minutes then yes this is something that needs addressed pretty soon. Anything that low with a duration measured in minutes likely needs to have you discuss it with Dr. Dolittle.

You could show an OSCAR chart with SpO2 added and then we can see it. Or the CMS style chart. Pictures are worth 1,000 words.

RE: SPO2 "range" - cberistain - 11-16-2021

(11-15-2021, 04:21 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: A screenshot showing the dip would be helpful.  
two screen grabs.. one overall and one specific to the low sp02

RE: SPO2 "range" - SarcasticDave94 - 11-16-2021

The SpO2 drops are worth watching, but with this sample it only dropped to 90 and for a few seconds. Not as worrisome as if it were dropping to 88% or less and spanning minutes of duration.

RE: SPO2 "range" - OpalRose - 11-16-2021

Moved this thread from Software Support to the Main Forum.

RE: SPO2 "range" - Sleeprider - 11-16-2021

cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA. My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3. This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0. You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.

RE: SPO2 "range" - cberistain - 11-16-2021

thanks
i will give that a try
charlie

RE: SPO2 "range" - cberistain - 11-18-2021

(11-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA.  My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3.  This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0.  You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.

RE: SPO2 "range" - cberistain - 11-18-2021

(11-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: cberistain, the SpO2 is not a big deal, but you can really stand to optimize your settings to reduce the flow limitations, and that should help reduce hypopnea and RERA.  My suggestion is a minimum pressure of 7.0, leave the maximum pressure at 16, and use EPR full time at a setting of 3.  This will give you bilevel pressure with a difference of 3-cm between inhale and exhale pressure starting at 7.0/4.0.  You are really going to notice the improved feel and ventilation.

I took your advice and changed my settings as recommended ... all I can say is... it must be magic!! I hit pressures of 14+ and no feeling that the mask was going to blow off ... zero large leaks ( but certainly some small ones) .. I'm guessing it is the EPR full time setting that made the difference ..
so.. many thanks for your help..

also, I was wondering.. when posting oscar data .. what is the most effective way to do it? obviously, a screen grap won't capture all the data ... so do I focus on flow rate, pressure, & leak rate?