Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Strange issue with Sleepy Head - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Strange issue with Sleepy Head (/Thread-Strange-issue-with-Sleepy-Head)

Pages: 1 2

Strange issue with Sleepy Head - Regular Joe - 06-09-2013

I have several nights since May1 where SH is showing multiple sessions. But they are simultaneous. For example, last night one session started at 3:23 and ended at 11:52. The other session started at 2:23 and ended at 10:52. This is in the session information at the bottom of the details tab for daily info. So, my daily total is 16:58. It looks like this started on or about May 1st. So now the usage on the overview is way up! Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - PaulaO2 - 06-09-2013

It is a known "bug". Download the latest version as that is one of the things it fixed. I think something happened due to the time change.

See this thread for how to download the new version. I think SuperSleeper updated the main link as well.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-New-SleepyHead-Version-Please-READ-the-instructions

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - Regular Joe - 06-10-2013

Thank you, Paula dear! I thought I had downloaded the latest version on my new PC. Guess I was wrong. Looks like it's working now.

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-10-2013

Thanks for bringing this up. Looking at Sleepyhead over the past three months,my first month's nightly total hours appear doubled. I will try updating.

OMyMyOHellYes

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - PaulaO2 - 06-10-2013

The update will not fix the already existing doubling. However, at the bottom of the panel where the review shows, you'll see the hours with the green and black bar next to it. If you click that bar, it will turn that time frame off. Almost always, it is the top one that needs to be turned off. The big graph window won't change (although sometimes I've noticed a bit of difference). If you turn off the other one, it will change a lot. Sometimes all you'll see is the bouncing "no data" box.

You can just go back and fix the days that are borked. If it is a day where you turned the machine off (like to go pee), it isn't borked.

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - Regular Joe - 06-10-2013

Actually, Paula, it did fix all the existing double data when I installed it over my existing program. Give it a try OhMyMyOhHellYes.

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - PaulaO2 - 06-10-2013

Huh. It didn't mine. I wonder if it is because I turned one of them off?

I'll give that a try later.

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - b360155 - 06-11-2013

I'm with Paula. This was a longstanding bug that I do believe the latest update finally did address and indeed the old workaround was to turn off the extra sessions. Prior to the latest update, I was getting exactly double the hours of actual usage with the start and end times of the extra session one hour different from the real usage times. After I took the update, those older extra sessions were still there, but if I left them on, it was adding one hour (instead of double the hours) to my actual usage. So, to get accurate usage hours, I still had to make sure any extra sessions were turned off. Since the update, I don't believe it's adding extra hours anymore. Usually, it would start adding the session for dates one month earlier than the current date.

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-11-2013

(06-10-2013, 08:28 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Actually, Paula, it did fix all the existing double data when I installed it over my existing program. Give it a try OhMyMyOhHellYes.

I did. And it fixed the double reporting without further adoo.

Thanks.

OMyMyOHellYes

RE: Strange issue with Sleepy Head - Regular Joe - 06-11-2013

Upon further review, the double sessions are still there at the bottom of the details tab of the daily data after the update. But on the overview tab, the totals for the usage are "more correct" now. Some are plus one hour, but at least not double the hours. It appears that the update uses the earliest start time and the latest end time of the "double sessions" to calculate it's total time which appears at the top of the daily tab, UNLESS you turn off the "incorrect session". So that is where the plus one hour for the total is coming from. The later "session" is one hour off (later) as b360755 said. Did I confuse you? I know I confused me....