Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Face Blast! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Face Blast! (/Thread-Face-Blast)

Pages: 1 2

Face Blast! - maelstrom07 - 11-23-2021

My wife and I prefer sleeping with me holding her from behind. However, when I put on my mask, there's a steady stream of cold air that would hit the back of her head. Are there any masks that DON'T have an exhalation port right on the front? Maybe something routed around to the top?
I'm currently using the Respironics Dreamwear Nasal Pillows and really like how the hose connection is on the top. Any suggestions?

RE: Face Blast! - Crimson Nape - 11-23-2021

Hi maelstrom07! - Welcome

You may wish to look into the Resmed P30i nasal pillow mask. It matches your design request. Basically, all Resmed masks that have an "i" suffix have over-the-head connections. This is currently limited to the 30 series of masks. Resmed prefixes each mask type with a letter designator for its type. The "F" for a Full Face Mask (FFM), "N" for a Nasal mask, and a "P" for a Pillow. style mask.

Good luck!
- Red

RE: Face Blast! - SarcasticDave94 - 11-23-2021

I myself am not aware of a mask that vents on the top only. As I recall the ResMed P30i & N30i have top vents next to the hose connection, but I'm sure there's also another vent in front. I've not used mine for quite a long time, but I believe they did vent front and top.

RE: Face Blast! - OpalRose - 11-23-2021

Dave is correct, there a vent on top and in the front. Not sure if there is a way to direct the air flow. There is nothing worse than having that air directed at someone.

RE: Face Blast! - Sleeprider - 11-23-2021

I recommend the Resmed Airfit P10 mask. The diffuser makes the detection of the venting air both silent and undisturbing to sleep. Been using it about 7 years now. It is the most minimal nasal pillows mask without the tubes along the side of your face or relocation of the vent to the top of your head. Best solution for me, and my wife uses the same.

RE: Face Blast! - maelstrom07 - 11-23-2021

The diffuser on the nose of the P30i looks perfect! Like the air goes out to the side rather than straight ahead. I may just have to order one soon.

RE: Face Blast! - maelstrom07 - 11-23-2021

As I replied, the diffuser at the front of the P30i looks like it would work well. But I use the nasal cushion on the dreamwear since it doesn't poke into my nose but rests under it. However, the N30i looks like it doesn't have the same diffuser as the P30i. Does anyone know two things:

1) Can the P30i pillows be used with the Dreamwear frame (just buy the nosepiece and fit it into my existing frame)?
2) Can the cushion from the N30i be removed and placed into the P30i pillows frame so I can keep the diffuser?

RE: Face Blast! - SarcasticDave94 - 11-23-2021

I have tried both N30i and P30i by starting out with the nasal N30i and swapping in P30i cushions. Same frame, headgear, just a cushion change.

Images of cushions I've come across. Note there's older open vent holes versus quiet vent at least on N30i.

P30i supposedly the quiet vent

[attachment=37372]

N30i with both vent types shown

[attachment=37374]

RE: Face Blast! - Crimson Nape - 11-23-2021

maelstrom07 - Offhand, I don't think a Resmed mask will fit a Philips frame.

RE: Face Blast! - nightgagger - 11-23-2021

The Fischer & Paykel Brevida mask has a front port, but with a diffuser, and the hose rotates so you can point it away from your partner. I've found that mask the best for spooning.