Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 (/Thread-How-to-import-data-from-F-P-SleepStyle-to-Oscar-1-3-0)

Pages: 1 2

How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Palathius - 11-27-2021

Hi I am new to the board and to having been diagnosed with sleep apnea. 

I have a Fisher & Paykel SleepStlye CPAP and recently downloaded Oscar to help me read and understand the sleep data. However I can’t find instructions on how to import the data from the F&P usb stick that is used with the CPAP.  

I read the release notes, the installation and user guides and can’t find any references to my model of CPAP.

Any guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - OpalRose - 11-27-2021

I believe the SleepStyle is supported by OSCAR. What you need is an SD card, any size up to 32gb. This must be in your Cpap while you are sleeping.

Use the links below in my signature line to help guide you in organizing your daily chart, how to take a Screenshot and using the Attachment Feature to post it here for review.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Palathius - 11-27-2021

Hi OpalRose,

Unfortunately, the SleepStyle does not take an SD Card. The SleepStyle has a proprietary USB stick that gets inserted and then you can upload it to F&P direct. The result is very limited data. When I saw that Oscar 1.3.0 supported the SleepStyle I was hoping that meant there was a method to import the data from the USB stick or that a method had been developed to migrate the data off the USB stick to something else.

I did try copying the data off the stick to my hard drive and then starting import from a disk location but there did not appear to be any specific file or files that Oscar was looking for to import.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - OpalRose - 11-27-2021

Ok, I'm going to move this thread to Software Support where someone with knowledge of this can help.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - GuyScharf - 11-27-2021

Just put your InfoUSB stick into a USB port on your computer and import from the drive letter assigned to the stick.

If you copy the USB stick to your hard drive, copy the entire stick. When you import, the directory you select must be one that contains the FPHCare directory. Don't navigate to subdirectories; OSCAR must see the FPHCare directory to recognize the device as a F&P device. It then looks at some data in lower level directories to determine whether the device is a SleepStyle or an Icon.

The expected directory structure for both SleepStyle and Icon is FPHCare / Icon / <serial number>

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Palathius - 11-27-2021

Thanks OpalRose.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - GuyScharf - 11-27-2021

I have updated the instructions on Running OSCAR for the first time Wiki page to clarify that "SD Card" also means "USB Stick" where appropriate, and instructions that the default directory structure on the card must not be changed.

Thanks, that worked. Now on to reading the guide to understanding the data. Appreciate your help GuyShcarf and OpalRose.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Palathius - 11-28-2021

A quick update for this thread, for others who may read it later and need the additional information. I've now tried the steps on both Mac and Windows.

With Windows when you insert the USB Stick it should assign a letter to that drive. You can then point Oscar to the new drive and the FPHCARE directory. Everything should import easily.

With MAC when you insert the USB stick your Mac should create a new Volume with FPHCARE as the volume name, which you can see from the finder. The first time you will need to point Oscar there. Subsequent times when you start the import process OSCAR recognizes the previous path and just prompts if you want to continue to use that volume path.

For both, if you want to use an alternate location like an external drive to back up the logs, you can copy the FPHCARE folder on the USB Stick to any location, and then redirect the import routine to that location.

By the way, you really only need the FPHCARE directory, the other software on the USB stick is the INFO USB Windows installer. You won't need that for using OSCAR.

Hope this helps anyone else with the Fisher and Paykel SleepStyle using OSCAR.

RE: How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 - Crimson Nape - 11-28-2021

Palathius - Thank you for taking the time to provide the extra details.

Thanks  Thanks  Thanks