Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Philips DS2 Filter question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Philips DS2 Filter question (/Thread-Philips-DS2-Filter-question)

Philips DS2 Filter question - speed3914 - 12-01-2021

I've noticed my disposable filter on the DS2 loads up twice as fast as the DS1 did.  My house is extremely clean so that's not the issue.  I could easily change it once a week instead of biweekly as I did with the DS1.  Here's what's weird...My DME has been sending me 12 a month??  I used to get two with the DS1?  Is the a mistake or does the DS2 have a tighter filter system thus requiring more frequent changes?

RE: Philips DS2 Filter question - speed3914 - 12-03-2021

Wow....no one?  Am I the only one with a DS2? Looking for help people

RE: Philips DS2 Filter question - StratCat48 - 12-04-2021

Had the DS1 and now the DS2. Have not found a difference between the DS1 and DS2 in length of time it takes for the fine filter to start looking a bit dirty. Usually change out at one month. We do have an air filter/purifier in our bedroom which may capture much of what it floating around in the air. From the manual Philips hints that the fine filter isn't really necessary unless you may be sensitive to very small particulates.
Difficult to know why your DS2 filter seems to load up quicker. Change of seasons, windows open/closed, hot air heating system circulating more dust into the room air(?)

"Installing/replacing the air filters

Caution: A properly installed, undamaged Philips Respironics reusable pollen filter is required for proper operation.
The device uses a grey reusable pollen filter that can be rinsed and a blue disposable ultra-fine filter. The reusable filter screens out normal household dust and pollens, while the ultra-fine filter provides more complete filtration of very fine particles. The reusable filter must be in place at all times when the device is operating. The ultra-fine filter is recommended for people who are sensitive to tobacco smoke or other small particles."

RE: Philips DS2 Filter question - speed3914 - 12-04-2021

(12-04-2021, 08:22 AM)StratCat48 Wrote: Had the DS1 and now the DS2. Have not found a difference between the DS1 and DS2 in length of time it takes for the fine filter to start looking a bit dirty. Usually change out at one month. We do have an air filter/purifier in our bedroom which may capture much of what it floating around in the air. From the manual Philips hints that the fine filter isn't really necessary unless you may be sensitive to very small particulates.
Difficult to know why your DS2 filter seems to load up quicker. Change of seasons, windows open/closed, hot air heating system circulating more dust into the room air(?)

"Installing/replacing the air filters

Caution: A properly installed, undamaged Philips Respironics reusable pollen filter is required for proper operation.
The device uses a grey reusable pollen filter that can be rinsed and a blue disposable ultra-fine filter. The reusable filter screens out normal household dust and pollens, while the ultra-fine filter provides more complete filtration of very fine particles. The reusable filter must be in place at all times when the device is operating. The ultra-fine filter is recommended for people who are sensitive to tobacco smoke or other small particles."

Thanks for replying Smile