Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage (/Thread-Resmed-Airfit-F30-Mask-Leakage)

Pages: 1 2 3

Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - jerrydaw - 12-04-2021

Recently I switched from using the Resmed Airfit F20 mask to the Resmed Airfit F30 mask.  The reason is that I got tired of the continuous irritation to the bridge of my nose caused by the F20 mask. The irritation got so bad that one morning I awoke with the usual red irritation on the bridge of my nose, plus a bloodshot eye caused by the mask pressure.   I like the F30 mask, but I have a problem with high leakage.  I get good event scores, usually in the 0.0 to 1.0 range.  But my leakage rate is out of control. 

Has anyone else had this experience with the F30 mask, and if so is there a solution?  Since my event scores are so low, should I even worry about the high leakage?

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Geer1 - 12-04-2021

All I can recommend for both models is trying to figure out what causes the irritation or leak and then try adjusting straps or a different size cushion.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - S. Manz - 12-04-2021

I wear full face masks and can't stand the ones that have a frontal tube and rest on my forehead...Feels like too much restrictions for a good night sleep.k
So I tried the Resmed F30I full face with headgear for about a month. Very comfortable to wear but notorious to keep it from leaking. Fortunately Amazon has a great return policy and the set went back promptly.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - SarcasticDave94 - 12-04-2021

My solution was the Fisher and Paykel Vitera after I was done with too much fussiness with the F20. I was recently given the ResMed F30i after the most recent Titration. Since I'm still working to get doctor assistance to move up from the ResMed ASV, I have no current user info on the F30i mask, but the Vitera was excellent after learning how to adjust the straps and correct positioning.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Superstar - 12-15-2021

I am certainly no expert, but the machine apparently is able to handle these leaks and is keeping your apnea to a minimum, so I would forget it.  The goal is to prevent apneas and enable you to get good quality sleep.  If this is happening then your therapy is successful.

I am trying out the F30 myself right now and I have the same problem with leaks that I don’t have with the F30i.  

Good luck.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - staceyburke - 12-15-2021

I found less strap tightness worked better with less leaks. I wear the same mask and had leak problems until I made it Less tight.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - car54 - 12-16-2021

I have some leaks also and I have to keep tightening the upper head strap and now there is no adjustment left. I figured out that the upper head strap was to close to my forehead and during the night it would get loose because it was slipping toward my forehead.

Picture of Airfit F30. See how the head strap is towards the forehead.

[Image: EVresbgzr8hN1jevcNLE6k.jpg]

I now use a head strap from a Amara View. The strap sits in the middle of my head and it stays in position through out the night. It has dramatically reduced leaks.

Picture of Amara View. See how much farther back the upper head strap is.

[Image: philips-respironics-amara-view-cpap-mask.jpg]
Well, that is my solution and it has helped me.  Car54

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - SleepyDwarf123 - 12-16-2021

The F30 is one of the masks that I have been trying and find to be among the most comfortable.  I also tried using the Amara View headgear after reading the suggestions on this site and I find that I, too, seem to have less leaks when using the Amara gear than the ResMed gear.  It really takes a bit of fiddling with each of the three straps to get it right, but it seems better to get less leaks with the Amara.   In looking at the pics of both masks/gear above, it does seem like the Amara has a different angle on the upper straps on the mask and I think this helps to bring the nose seal up and in a bit better than the Resmed gear.

Good luck!

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Superstar - 12-16-2021

I am glad to see these posts. I bought the Amara View headgear for the F30 and it is much more comfortable. I have only used it one night and still had some leaks. But I intend to try it again. I am sure I did not have it adjusted correctly.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - theunk - 12-17-2021

Good info. I have been using the F30 since March. I like the concept, but the leaks have become very annoying, mostly from just the noise. The harness is a good part of the problem, so it is encouraging to know there is an alternative. 
After so many years of this therapy, a little air blowing across my face is not to bothersome, but the wheezey noises really bug me. I have been considering the F30i but as I have one more replacement cushion to use, I may just try the Amara headgear. 
You can never have to many options in this game.

Don