Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage (/Thread-Resmed-Airfit-F30-Mask-Leakage)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - theunk - 12-17-2021

Good info. I have been using the F30 since March. I like the concept, but the leaks have become very annoying, mostly from just the noise. The harness is a good part of the problem, so it is encouraging to know there is an alternative. 
After so many years of this therapy, a little air blowing across my face is not to bothersome, but the wheezey noises really bug me. I have been considering the F30i but as I have one more replacement cushion to use, I may just try the Amara headgear. 
You can never have to many options in this game.

Don

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - theunk - 12-18-2021

Of course one has to factor in the condition of the mask cushion when discussing performance. I have been using the same F30 cushion since late March. I always remember how sweet this mask was compared to the Mirage Quattro I had used previously.
Over time the compounds that form the seal do deteriorate from contact with skin oils, even air. This subte deterioration is not really noticeable to most of us.
Last night I changed the cushion and had a quiet peaceful sleep. So I am going to purchase a few more replacements and change them out every 3-4 months like Resmed recommends. I am also going to keep the spares in an airtight ziplock bag until needed.

Don

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - DaveCar - 12-18-2021

Hmm.. Im going to have to look into this Amara headstrap.
With my F30, I keep the top strap as far rearward as I can and adjust the other straps to keep a level and comfortable seal. I do keep the lower (magnet) straps snug to help keep my mouth closed. I feel like pulling the top strap rearward makes a bit of nose "lift" to keep it leakfree.
Maybe the Amara is something worth trying.. thanks for the tips.

Edit: So, just to check... you guys are buying just the headgear straps for the Amara View mask, and using it with the F30 mask ?
If so, do most DMEs carry just the straps part or is this typically an online order ?

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Big Guy - 12-18-2021

I've been using the F30 for quite a while now. Initially, it performed great and was very comfortable. It's still comfortable, but I'm having leak issues with it. 

For the 1st half of the night, no leaks at all. Then from about hour #4 on, it begins to leak. I don't know if it's cause the silicone cushion heats up and becomes more pliable or what. 

I was back on the juice (CPAP Therapy) last night. After 6.5 hrs., it began to leak. I took it off and went back to sleep.  Oh-jeez

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - theunk - 12-18-2021

(12-18-2021, 09:54 AM)DaveCar Wrote: Hmm.. Im going to have to look into this Amara headstrap.
With my F30,  I keep the top strap as far rearward as I can and adjust the other straps to keep a level and comfortable seal. I do keep the lower (magnet) straps snug to help keep my mouth closed.  I feel like pulling the top strap rearward makes a bit of nose "lift" to keep it leakfree.

Edit:  So, just to check... you guys are buying just the headgear straps for the Amara View mask, and using it with the F30 mask ?
If so, do most DMEs carry just the straps part or is this typically an online order ?

For me, getting just about anything cpap/apap is easier and more economical online than training the latest therapist and paying a premium for that privilege. I have had very good service via Amazon.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - SleepyDwarf123 - 12-18-2021

(12-18-2021, 09:54 AM)DaveCar Wrote: Hmm.. Im going to have to look into this Amara headstrap.
With my F30,  I keep the top strap as far rearward as I can and adjust the other straps to keep a level and comfortable seal. I do keep the lower (magnet) straps snug to help keep my mouth closed.  I feel like pulling the top strap rearward makes a bit of nose "lift" to keep it leakfree.

Edit:  So, just to check... you guys are buying just the headgear straps for the Amara View mask, and using it with the F30 mask ?

Bought the Amara headgear from Amazon for about $15 IIRC.  Did not work through the DME but they probably have it also albeit at a higher price.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Kadenz - 12-19-2021

One solution to the sore bridge of the nose problem - in my experience - is to wash to mask every morning in reasonably hot soapy water for about 10 minutes and then rinse. It washes off the oils from the skin.

When I tried that solution in about late 2012- my sore nose bridge problem disappeared overnight and has not returned.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Superstar - 12-19-2021

(12-18-2021, 11:30 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I've been using the F30 for quite a while now. Initially, it performed great and was very comfortable. It's still comfortable, but I'm having leak issues with it. 

For the 1st half of the night, no leaks at all. Then from about hour #4 on, it begins to leak. I don't know if it's cause the silicone cushion heats up and becomes more pliable or what. 

I was back on the juice (CPAP Therapy) last night. After 6.5 hrs., it began to leak. I took it off and went back to sleep.  Oh-jeez

How long have you been using one mask?  I have found that the soft silicone gets floppy after a month of use and starts to leak.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Big Guy - 12-19-2021

(12-19-2021, 06:10 PM)Superstar Wrote: How long have you been using one mask?  I have found that the soft silicone gets floppy after a month of use and starts to leak.

Even with a new F30 cushion, I at times still experience leaks. I'm a side sleeper, so I realize that can be a real challenge in regards to keeping a mask from leaking. 

Other times, with a mask cushion several months old, I can get a full night's sleep w/o any leaks.  Dont-know

RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage - Superstar - 12-19-2021

(12-18-2021, 11:30 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I've been using the F30 for quite a while now. Initially, it performed great and was very comfortable. It's still comfortable, but I'm having leak issues with it. 

How long have you been using one mask?  I have found that the soft silicone gets floppy after a month of use and starts to leak.