Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Titration study - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Titration study (/Thread-Titration-study--34935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Titration study - SarcasticDave94 - 12-26-2021

It's easy enough to bump EPAP Min up to 7 or so and see how things play. Going to lower elevation has been shown to reduce CA for those that dwell in high elevations.

RE: Titration study - Sleeprider - 12-26-2021

(12-26-2021, 06:45 PM)Ron Poelstra Wrote: It appears that during the extremely high pressure times that my flow limit are low, tidal volume is up, snore is down, mask pressure is up and respiration is up. I could try a chin strap tonight to experiment.  

Your recommendations are always appreciated!

I'd really like to see the respiratory statistics to understand why pressure is high, even though respiration and tidal volume is up.

RE: Titration study - Ron Poelstra - 12-26-2021

tell me how to get that to you and I will make it happen!

RE: Titration study - Sleeprider - 12-26-2021

Very simply, let's look at some zoomed shots of where this happens, showing flow rate, pressure or mask pressure, flow limit, respiration rate, and tidal volume. Here is how: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=OSCAR_Chart_Organization#View_Menu_Controls:_Zoom.2C_Standard_and_Advanced_Chart_View

RE: Titration study - Ron Poelstra - 12-26-2021

Hi Sleeprider

Hopefully I have done this correctly.

[attachment=38401]

[attachment=38401]

[attachment=38401]

RE: Titration study - Geer1 - 12-27-2021

Move flow limit graph up below mask pressure. Below minute vent put the snore graph.

Zoomed in shots need to be around 3-5 minute duration (those are still over 1 hr) as we want to see individual breath waveforms in flow rate chart.

The time you need to focus on is when the pressure increases/maxes as that is when the issue is occurring. The spots you are looking at after pressure is already maxed and starting to fall is where the breathing has already been fixed either by the machine or by an arousal.

In the previous nights data (one posted day or two ago) the flow limitation stayed high for 3 of the 4 high pressure periods. Only the first one in the night had low flow limitation and must have been driven by snore.

For your information snore scored by resmed is different then audible snore (often related but doesn't seem to always be).

RE: Titration study - Geer1 - 12-27-2021

For example time of interest for that one attachment would be 0:43 to 0:48.

RE: Titration study - Sleeprider - 12-27-2021

The zoomed-in screenshots I would want to see are at approximately 5:08 to 05:11, 06:15 to 06:18 or 08:15 to 08:18.  The easiest way to set a time window for the zoom is to go the Events tab and use the slider at the bottom of the Events list. See the second figure below to see the Events tab with the slider to select the zoom window. Once the zoom is selected for 3 or 4 minutes, just pan the image to find the minute before the pressure increases and show the period where EPAP increases. Your graphs above show the right information, but need to be zoomed in and show a minute before the pressure increase.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38389]

[Image: Oscar-View.png]

RE: Titration study - Ron Poelstra - 12-27-2021

Sleeprrider,

Hopefully this is what you are asking for.

[attachment=38427]

[attachment=38426]

[attachment=38425]

RE: Titration study - Sleeprider - 12-27-2021

Just picking, but these are 10 to 22 minute windows. They show your pressure is responding to flow limits, and I'm going to tell you they are not anatomical but positional. The 5-minute screen shot (barely) shows the respiratory flow wave with the flattened tops, the rest are just too far out. Anyway, your current collar is not getting the job done about 4-5 times a night.