Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
F&P Vitera Tips Please - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: F&P Vitera Tips Please (/Thread-F-P-Vitera-Tips-Please)

Pages: 1 2 3

F&P Vitera Tips Please - Granny7 - 12-21-2021

I'm new to CPAP and started with an Airfit F30i. It's hard to control the leaks that blow into my eyes but the worst problem is it irritates the skn at the sides of my nose to the point that I can't use it. I don't think it's too tight. My skin is just very sensitive. After looking through the mask reviews it seems like the Vitera will be a better choice. I'm getting one today and would appreciate any tips for proper adjustment.

Thanks

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - SarcasticDave94 - 12-21-2021

Based off my experience with it and an ASV.

1. Undo top of head Velcro and loosen the 4 side ones, then recline on bed.
2. Hold mask in place and start regular therapy, not mask fit.
3. Attach the strap clips.
4. Lightly tighten bottom set to very light tension.
5. Ditto top side set. Emphasis on very light.
6. Pull entire mask straight up away from face, pulling against straps. Settle mask straight back down with lower edge as low as possible while still having enough chin area to get a seal.
7. Undo and reset top of head Velcro to be fairly tight. This helps mark height.
8. Moderate firm, wiggle mask around and note if there's noticable leaking. Just don't confuse vent airflow with escaping air around the cushion.
9. Note higher tension on bottom set loosens top, and vice versa. If there's leaks try loosening opposite top or bottom set. If that didn't help, then add very additional slight tension to perform area
10. If you encounter corner of eye area air leaks, try the pulling mask up off without releasing straps, then resetting. This can restore shape of cushion at nasal bridge.

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - Granny7 - 12-21-2021

Thanks Dave. The RT gave pretty good instructions but yours are more thorough.

Feel free to ask questions if there's more info needed. And best to your success.

Coffee

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - Crimson Nape - 12-21-2021

Dave provided some excellent information. The only thing I might add would be to try and be in, or close to, your sleeping position as you adjust the mask. The tension will change with position. A lot of people will try and adjust it while sitting up, only to find it is a completely different tension while lying down. Also, expect the headgear to stretch as it ages, so additional adjustments will be required.

Good luck!

- Red

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - Granny7 - 12-21-2021

Thanks Red,

The RT tried to talk me into the F20 with memory foam and had me try it on as well. I couldn't tell if it would be better but she gave it to since it would just have to be thrown away. Any pros and cons on that. I now have both to try.

I've tried the F20 AirTouch mask with foam. It's ok but I think you'll really like the Vitera. There's nothing wrong with trying either first. Mask choice is personal.

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - Crimson Nape - 12-21-2021

Based off of reviews and reports I've read here, the F20 Air Touch seems to have a short service life compared to other masks. You may wish to explore this further.

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - SideSleeper - 12-22-2021

I use the F20 Air Touch and it works very well.  Down to virtually no leaks.  It usually only lasts about 30 days, but the current on I'm using has been going about 2 months.  It is the only full face mask that works for me.  Had high hopes for the Vitera but it didn't work for me--should try it again with the detailed instructions given to you.  One thing I don't like about F&P masks is that they don't easily detach from the mask frame--don't like that feature.  The F20 has to be worn pretty tight--don't like that but don't have any more choices.  Small head, small nose--most masks too big for me.

RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please - Granny7 - 12-22-2021

Was going to try the Vitera tonight but couldn't figure out how to release the hose connector to the mask. Watched a youtube video where a guy did it easily mentioning just squeeze at tab but I can't find that tab. What's the trick? Looks like it will be the F20 Airtouch for tonight.