Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Lightheaded ASV therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Lightheaded ASV therapy (/Thread-Lightheaded-ASV-therapy)

Pages: 1 2

Lightheaded ASV therapy - Moemah123 - 12-23-2021

Hi everyone,

It has been a while and I wanted to give my treatment a fair chance. One consistent thing that has not changed for me is the feeling of being lightheaded in the morning. The best I can describe it is it takes hours to feel I have the energy to properly lift myself and get myself thinking straight. I don't feel sleepy or yawn its just my head feels so light always upon waking up. 

Here is an example of last night where the device says i slept 7 hours with 0 events. Some things I have maintained in my routine is mouth taping, i lowered the humidity to 1 so i won't have water build up thus now i can sleep 7 hours without waking up midnight wiping water from the tape. I cannot tell from the data why i would wake up feeling less than ideal at this point. Any help is appreciated

My side data is not up to date as i was more or less experimenting with settings every month and those are latest settings that tick all boxes for me except lightheaded feeling \ grogginess \ not wanting to socialize in morning 

Kindly let me know what info i can provide and thank you again!

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - quiescence at last - 12-23-2021

I would say this chart looks good in general. You seem to awaken a fair number of times judging by tidal and minute volume.

I would wonder how your blood pressure is when you awaken and if any other symptoms of lightheaded-ness exist like feeling woozie when you stand up. How does your pressure react the moment you stand?

Do you have an oximeter to read your pulse rate and blood oxygen level? I wonder if those signal any oddities.

If you slept for 3 hours, and woke up, would you also feel lightheaded?

Thanks for the info.

Hope you find some answers.

QAL

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - Moemah123 - 12-23-2021

(12-23-2021, 02:54 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: I would say this chart looks good in general.  You seem to awaken a fair number of times judging by tidal and minute volume.

I would wonder how your blood pressure is when you awaken and if any other symptoms of lightheaded-ness exist like feeling woozie when you stand up.  How does your pressure react the moment you stand?

Do you have an oximeter to read your pulse rate and blood oxygen level?  I wonder if those signal any oddities.

If you slept for 3 hours, and woke up, would you also feel lightheaded?

Thanks for the info.

Hope you find some answers.

QAL

Thanks alot for your reply,

I don't own an oximeter so i will go ahead and buy one but is there one that can keep track all night? I also am not sure what you mean awaken multiple times as i don't recall waking up last night, it was a straight 7 hour sleep. To your point if i sleep 3 hours would i be more rested, my recollection says yes, i recall being puzzled that shorter sleep usually means more alertness for me but i cannot say for sure this happens 100% of time. Is there a reason you asked about 3 hours?

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - sawinglogz - 12-23-2021

The Wellue SleepU or O2Ring both track all night. The fingertip Contec CMS50D+ (note the plus) also records all night, as do the wrist-worn CMS50F/G/H/I.

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 12-23-2021

I'd think the Contec CMS 50F be the minimum choice. It'll do the recording job and it uploads to OSCAR. I have used this CMS 50F, and it's OK. I think the Wellue might be the better choice however.

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - Moemah123 - 12-23-2021

(12-23-2021, 03:56 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd think the Contec CMS 50F be the minimum choice. It'll do the recording job and it uploads to OSCAR. I have used this CMS 50F, and it's OK. I think the Wellue might be the better choice however.

Thank you , I am looking Into both. I wonder if this is common in ASV? That oxygen drops? My pressure settings seem high enough so not sure why my oxygen would dip at night? And is that usually the culprit for lightheaded feeling?

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 12-23-2021

No it's not common to ASV therapy. I've used it myself for a while. It could be something going on medically that your oxygen level is dropping or something similar. I know if my COPD acted up I'd felt somewhat like your description. Maybe ask your doc about this.

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - Dormeo - 12-23-2021

Some more thoughts here:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321392#medication-side-effects

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - Rich66 - 12-23-2021

I have also had low AHI's -- my last 30 day average is 0.97 -- but still have fought tiredness. As for me, maybe it will work for you, I have found mouth taping to help. I use Cover Roll tape, and I've tried Somnifix. Cover Roll is air permeable, so I still get leaks. Somnifix isn't big enough to cover and stick, but it's less air permeable. I've been using a layer of Somnifix and then a layer of Cover Roll. From there, I went to using two layers of Cover Roll tape -- and it has helped the mouth leaks very much. I touch the first layer to my shirt to help lessen the stickiness when I pull it off. My average Leak Rate the last 30 days is 0.28. Solving leaks seems to me to be very important in proper treatment. Yes, I know you said you mouth tape, but I'm just pointing out that maybe a double layer would be more help, or a different brand.
As for pressure, your machine is set at PS Min for 2.0. I had mine at that for awhile. I turned it up to 2.4 and seem to be getting better sleep with it at that pressure point (Resmed recommends a default PS Min of 3.0). You might try it and give it a few days for yourself to adjust to it.

RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy - sheepless - 12-23-2021

Another possibility: I sometimes wake up feeling lightheaded, even dizzy for a short time. nothing to do with the asv or vauto I use. I attribute it to poor venting from my p10 nasal pillows, causing the rebreathing of exhaled CO2. I don't know if the p30i has the same issue but the vent holes in the p10 clog in time from moisture and dust. invisible to the eye, spraying the vent screens with a dental water jet helps for a while. after a while, the frame just needs to be replaced.