Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Purge some old data in OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Purge some old data in OSCAR (/Thread-Purge-some-old-data-in-OSCAR)

Purge some old data in OSCAR - Millstone50 - 12-29-2021

There was some old data on the SD card from the previous user of my previous machine that got imported into my OSCAR profile; it is clearly delineated and easy to pick out, it's only a couple months, but I'd like for it to disappear; how do I go about doing that?

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - LindanHotAir - 12-29-2021

One method is to delete the old files from the SD card.  Make a backup copy of the card just in case.  Create a new OSCAR profile, select it, and import the edited data into the new profile.  If everything looks good, continue with the new profile.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - Millstone50 - 12-29-2021

(12-29-2021, 12:15 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: One method is to delete the old files from the SD card.  Make a backup copy of the card just in case.  Create a new OSCAR profile, select it, and import the edited data into the new profile.  If everything looks good, continue with the new profile.

I don't think my SD card's data matches what's in my OSCAR DB at this point. I think I fully removed the partition at some point and allowed it to be recreated. So at this point in time I'd need to remove it from the DB.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 12-29-2021

If you look under the OSCAR_Data\Profiles\your user profile name\backup\machine name and serial number\Datalog\2021 folder. This will hold the various date's raw data, You could exclude the dates you don't want, or weren't using the CPAP, before reimporting them.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - LindanHotAir - 12-29-2021

You can create a new profile and import your SD card into the new profile and use it going forward. Your previous profile can be retained for historical purposes.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - Millstone50 - 12-29-2021

(12-29-2021, 12:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you look under the OSCAR_Data\Profiles\your user profile name\backup\machine name and serial number\Datalog\2021 folder.  This will hold the various date's raw data,  You could exclude the dates you don't want, or weren't using the CPAP, before reimporting them.

I should clarify this was DreamStation data; it seems the DATALOG is for ResMed

I went into OSCAR_Data\Profiles\[username]\PRS1_[serial]\Backup\P-SERIES\C0\P0 and deleted all the files with a date modified of the same dates that were not my data, then rebuilt for that machine and it seems to have worked thanks.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - pholynyk - 12-29-2021

My suggestion would be to create a new profile and go into Preferences and set the Do Not Import Before date to your starting date

Just in case you discover problems...

For ResMed, deleting early files from the DATALOG folder won't do it properly because there will be old data in the STR.edf file. Setting a Do Not Import Before date will always work. Of course, reformatting the SD card before starting would have been best, but it's possible to clean up anyway.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 12-29-2021

Sorry for the bad information. I was basing my answer off your equipment listing in your profile.

RE: Purge some old data in OSCAR - Millstone50 - 12-30-2021

(12-29-2021, 02:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sorry for the bad information.  I was basing my answer off your equipment listing in your profile.

No problem, it recently changed. thanks