Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? (/Thread-PRS1-Series-60-BiPAP-Auto-Settings-for-PS)

PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - Apnea 1 - 06-18-2013

Does this machine provide settings for both Max PS and Min PS?

RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - SuperSleeper - 06-18-2013

Hi Apnea 1, welcome to Apnea Board!

We don't yet have a manual for the 60 Series machine, so I couldn't look this up, but I would assume that that it does have the ability to set limits on pressure support, since the 50 series machines have that capability - and I doubt that the newer 60 series machines would have any less functionality.

From the Series 50 clinician setup guide:

Quote:Max PS - This screen allows you to modify the Maximum Pressure Support setting. The maximum pressure support is the maximum difference that is permitted between IPAP and EPAP while Auto Bi-level therapy is active. You may adjust the setting from 3 cm H2O to 8 cm H2O.

Note: This screen only displays if Auto Bi-level therapy is enabled.

If anyone with the PR System One Series 60 BiPAP Auto can confirm, please post.

Smile

RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - Apnea 1 - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 10:42 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi Apnea 1, welcome to Apnea Board!

We don't yet have a manual for the 60 Series machine, so I couldn't look this up, but I would assume that that it does have the ability to set limits on pressure support, since the 50 series machines have that capability - and I doubt that the newer 60 series machines would have any less functionality.

From the Series 50 clinician setup guide:

Quote:Max PS - This screen allows you to modify the Maximum Pressure Support setting. The maximum pressure support is the maximum difference that is permitted between IPAP and EPAP while Auto Bi-level therapy is active. You may adjust the setting from 3 cm H2O to 8 cm H2O.

Note: This screen only displays if Auto Bi-level therapy is enabled.

If anyone with the PR System One Series 60 BiPAP Auto can confirm, please post.

Smile

Thanks to you guys, I also have the manual for the series 50 machine. The manual indicates that the series 50 machine can be set only for max PS (not for min PS). This is why I am asking about the series 60 machines. Do the series 60 machines provide for setting both the max PS and the min PS?

RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - archangle - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 02:29 PM)Apnea 1 Wrote: Thanks to you guys, I also have the manual for the series 50 machine. The manual indicates that the series 50 machine can be set only for max PS (not for min PS). This is why I am asking about the series 60 machines. Do the series 60 machines provide for setting both the max PS and the min PS?

My understanding is that you can NOT set minimum PS. It will always do 2, and only go above that as it autoadjusts upwards and decides you need this.

That's second hand information, but to me, it's a BIG design flaw.

The ResMed S9 VPAP Auto apparently DOES allow you to set minimum PS.

RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - Apnea 1 - 06-19-2013

(06-18-2013, 08:00 PM)archangle Wrote: My understanding is that you can NOT set minimum PS. It will always do 2, and only go above that as it autoadjusts upwards and decides you need this.

That's second hand information, but to me, it's a BIG design flaw.

The ResMed S9 VPAP Auto apparently DOES allow you to set minimum PS.

I phoned Respironics and also the supplier. Both say that the new 60 series auto bipap provides for setting both min PS and max PS. Respironics says that the previous generation machine, the 50 series, provided for setting only the max PS.

RE: PRS1 Series 60 BiPAP Auto -- Settings for PS? - SuperSleeper - 06-19-2013

Thanks for posting this confirmation! Good to know this for certain.

Coffee