Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? (/Thread-How-Many-Hours-do-you-Sleep-per-Night-on-Average)

Pages: 1 2

How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - zonk - 03-10-2012

This poll originally posted by Katie in our old forum.

This is a poll to determine how much sleep Apnea Board members get each night on average.

We're looking for your average number of hours of sleep, so if you add up the number of hours of sleep you get each week and divide by 7, that would give you the number we're looking for.

Please vote in the poll, then add a reply if you wish to comment further.

Bed

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - SuperSleeper - 03-10-2012

Well, if I had voted on this a year ago, I would have said 6-7 hours of sleep, but these past few months or so, it's gone down to about 4-5, roughly. Bed

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - b360155 - 03-10-2012

6:57 on average according to Sleepyhead. 6:51 on average according to ResScan. Sleep-on-pillow

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - greatunclebill - 03-10-2012

(03-10-2012, 07:58 AM)b360155 Wrote: 6:57 on average according to Sleepyhead. 6:51 on average according to ResScan. Sleep-on-pillow

consistently between 5 and 6. wife works an odd 12:30 to 9:30pm shift but usually has OT and don't get home til 10:30 - 11:00, sometimes midnight so we never get to bed before midnight and i'm up around 6 every day.

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - TheDreamer - 03-10-2012

If I could average 10 hours a night, I'm sure I'd probably be a whole lot better at staying awake during the day....but between issues staying asleep and living in a college town....and trying to keep my job. Its 6-7 hours a night for 6 nights, and then ~10 hours on Sunday.

Sunday I take a break from my stimulants...and yet I'm pretty functional....sometimes more than during the week.

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - iSnooze - 03-10-2012

I know we're supposed to average but I definitely sleep longer on the weekends especially on Sundays. I also take naps on Saturday and Sunday but can't during the week. SleepHead says that I've averaged 8.48 hrs since I started in Dec. 2012. However this includes the 11 hours per day I slept when I first got my cpap and several 3 to 4 hour naps several times a week.

I can tell you that the quality of my sleep is much better since I started using cpap. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - The Happy Dreamer - 03-10-2012

I try to get at lest 7 Hrs, but sometimes my back starts hurting and I have to get up. Crying-into-tissue

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - Steven - 03-10-2012

I average a little over 7 hours each night.

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - priti36 - 03-13-2012

(03-10-2012, 06:42 PM)Steven Wrote: I average a little over 7 hours each night.

I guess I am pretty to close to the average of this board because I sleep 6-7 hours per night. When I use cpap it is a very good sleep and I am well rested. On a few nights when I am away and do not have my machine it is not a quality sleep. I can tell the difference. Cpap has done very well with me.

RE: How Many Hours do you Sleep per Night on Average? - Dreamcatcher - 03-14-2012

I usual get around 3-4 hours sometimes longer sometimes none! Being a carer and nightshift worker I dont get a chance for a full sleep so I grab it when I can.