Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi (/Thread-Need-help-with-Pressure-settings-mid-range-AHi)

Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ryanmcc1 - 01-05-2022

Hi Guys new around here and have been using my machine for around 23 days straight now with Ahi differing most nights. my current settings are 7-20 no ramp and 2 EPR Resmed S9 full face mask. Wanting to see if any suggestions to my pressure to get my AHI down.

Thanks so much and i am very glad i have found this forum.

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - staceyburke - 01-05-2022

Yes I can see 2 things 

Your EPR is set to 1 - I would change it to ERP 3 and make sure it is full time. That will help keep pressure down. The ResMed raises pressure on flow limits and EPR will help control them. 

You are showing positional apnea. This is when you get into a position while sleeping that cuts off your own airway. No pressure changes can help. You have to stay out of that position. 

It is also known as chin tucking where your chin drops down to your Sternum. Think of it as a kink in a hose, nothing goes through until you open the kink. 

It happens many times from sleeping on your back. But if you can’t stop it by changing position you can get a collar. There is a link to collars in my signature. Please take time to read it. 

You can see positional apnea when there are clusters of events (except centrals).

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ryanmcc1 - 01-05-2022

Thank you Stacy i will look into the collars and try with EPR 3 and report back. Is it mainly laying on the back that causes this ? i do hug a pillow when sleeping maybe that has something to do with it as well.

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - staceyburke - 01-05-2022

Chin tucking can happen sleeping in any position. But it happens more on your back. Your large group around 0 20 minutes and 2 others times.  If you eliminate those your AHI would be much less.

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ratchick - 01-06-2022

Whew boy, look at that cluster! I'm seconding what Stacey said. Also, Welcome to the board! Smile

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ryanmcc1 - 01-06-2022

Tried new EPR settings of 3, changed my pillow from a superhard pillow to a supersoft. Stopped hugging my pillow when sleeping and had an AHI of 1.0 for the night and a total tie of 16seconds in apnea. Thank you again guys!

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ryanmcc1 - 01-06-2022

Stats below : for some reason i woke up without mask on for the first time. But overall nearly 4 hours tracked AHi of 1 i think its a big improvement

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - staceyburke - 01-06-2022

Yes it is better. Your flow limits are still higher than they might be. I would go up to min 8.  Compare the nights for how do I feel. If it is not better go back to min 7. 

Again, this should be about how you feel. 

Congratulations on getting a much better AHI

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ratchick - 01-07-2022

Yep, congrats on the improvement - I hope you start to feel better for it. Smile

RE: Need help with Pressure settings / mid range AHi - Ryanmcc1 - 01-12-2022

Hi Guys abit of an update. I tried the cervical collar but my positional apnea worsened with big clusters. I've gone back to normal and using a new softer pillow ive attached my Oscar below from last night and i had the best sleep so far.  Thanks again for your help and tips.