Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Pressure drop - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pressure drop (/Thread-Pressure-drop)

Pages: 1 2

Pressure drop - gbbarrie - 01-11-2022

[attachment=38842]

This is a screenshot of my reading for Jan 8th and I am wondering if anyone has seen this type of pressure drop before, I know there are a lot of leakage that night but I have had large leaks before without it affecting the pressure like this, I would really appreciate any input as to what might have caused this drop.

RE: Pressure drop - Ratchick - 01-11-2022

Ahh I think this is just an OSCAR "undocumented feature". I think I saw something earlier in the week about there being an upcoming fix, but see what the others say.

RE: Pressure drop - Jeff8356 - 01-11-2022

Try purging that days data, then re-import it and see if the problem is fixed for you.

RE: Pressure drop - pholynyk - 01-11-2022

This graphing feature is the result using constant pressure and disconnecting the mask before stopping the machine, giving a final pressure of zero.

The display can be corrected in Preferences, the Appearance tab. Tick 'Square wave plot'

RE: Pressure drop - Sleeprider - 01-11-2022

Gbbarry, are you by any chance trying to treat complex or central apnea with that ST machine? It isn't working and you need ASV.

RE: Pressure drop - gbbarrie - 01-11-2022

Central apnea is the main problem and my readings fluctuate quite a lot the lowest I have had is AHI 18 last night was 40.59,

I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.

RE: Pressure drop - pholynyk - 01-11-2022

>>>I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.

Very good; that also avoids the huge leak.

In any case, clicking on Square Wave Plat in Preferences->Appearances tab should cure it.

RE: Pressure drop - Sleeprider - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 02:24 PM)gbbarrie Wrote: Central apnea is the main problem and my readings fluctuate quite a lot the lowest I have had is AHI 18 last night was 40.59,

I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.

I'd like you to start a thread in the main forum to talk about your Central Apnea using the ST and perhaps we can help you move to the proper therapy.  Dispensing ST to central apnea patients is extremely common, but it is an error and you clearly need the ASV.  We have many members that have made this transition.

RE: Pressure drop - gbbarrie - 01-13-2022

(01-11-2022, 03:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd like you to start a thread in the main forum to talk about your Central Apnea using the ST and perhaps we can help you move to the proper therapy.  Dispensing ST to central apnea patients is extremely common, but it is an error and you clearly need the ASV.  We have many members that have made this transition.

As a new subscriber to apneaboard I have not figured out how to start a thread in main forum I initially thought that is where I was posting . I must admit I have been thinking along the same lines of needing an ASV but my sleep Dr`s assistant who I saw just before Christmas said he was happy with my readings because they were a lot lower than when I had my sleep test ( which I havn`t seen ) but he said registered my AHI in the 50`s, but I had just told him I didn`t think he was listening to what I was saying which put him on the back foot, and after that he couldn`t wait to leave. I have to say I have learned more about my affliction reading comments on here than I have learned from anywhere else. Thanks

RE: Pressure drop - Crimson Nape - 01-13-2022

Look in the Private Area - Forum Account Help for all sorts of information.

Here is the one for starting a new thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-Writing-a-Post-Editing-a-Post-and-Quoting-a-Post?pid=3283#pid3283