Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cervical Collar Success story - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cervical Collar Success story (/Thread-Cervical-Collar-Success-story)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cervical Collar Success story - richdreher - 01-12-2022

I finally got a full night sleep with my new(est) black cervical collar
I can't believe it!  I have never had a sub-one AHI in my life

I've been working with @sarcasticdave94 and @sleeprider for a year or more, and @Geer1 most recently. All diagnosing my "clusters" as positional

I have been encouraged to sleep with a collar, but the first one I bought I just couldn't get through the night with it on; being too big. I gave up.  (too soon]

I recently bought an ASV machine for my Central Apnea.
After getting all the settings on my ASV tuned up.

The FIRST Image was the best ASV OSCAR Trace I thought, I would be able to get; sub-five was good for me.

The SECOND Image is last night's OSCAR Trace with my new smaller collar that was easy to wear all night

The THIRD Image is my first white Collar (likely 4-inches) and my new black Collar 2.3 inches

So the lessons for me to learn are:
- if at first I don't succeed with a Collar, try another Collar LOL
- listen to the advice from the Forum

FIRST
[attachment=38882]

SECOND
[attachment=38881]

THIRD
[attachment=38880]

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - Sleeprider - 01-12-2022

Glad to see you finally got one that works. You said it best, that if at first you don't succeed try another one. It's common that the first choice in collar does not yield the desired results, and we have also seen collars lose effectiveness as they soften and wear. THIS is the kind of therapy we expect to see with ASV when everything is right. Good job1

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - cathyf - 01-13-2022

I had to cut apart my collar and remove 5 inches of foam and then sew it back together to get mine short enough!

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - richdreher - 01-13-2022

You are a Good resource. You've "gotta" do what you've gotta' do!
Rich

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - SarcasticDave94 - 01-13-2022

Congrats, yes that's the ASV therapy that it's capable of doing. OK now build a good trend. My opinion, if the collar can do its thing consistently, so goes the therapy.

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - Chequebook - 01-13-2022

Good to see the time and effort people put in here helps. Although it may be early days, how do you describe how you feel before and after?

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - CapeCodder - 01-13-2022

I’m always happy to read such success stories! Good for you, and thank you for sharing yours.
I have had a good outcome with the first collar I tried: the “Caldera Releaf Neck Rest” (available on Amazon) in case anyone reading this is in the market for collars.

Wow Dave, thats a big emotional (scarey) statement to dispense with all the equipment I have, much less being on xPaP for 15 years.

My most recent trace was also with oxygen, so I will need an SPo2 trace (which I can do) without the ASV or Oxygen supplement Therapy.  (but with Collar)
- I do remember some time ago my SPo2 at <88% was during my big Apnea events

Stay tuned.

RE: Cervical Collar Success story - Sleeprider - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 09:13 AM)richdreher Wrote: Wow Dave, thats a big emotional (scarey) statement to dispense with all the equipment I have, much less being on xPaP for 15 years.

I don't think Dave is suggesting to discontinue any therapy, rather just to continue to build on the good success with the collar and ASV to make a positive trend for your health.

Chequebook,

Well, so far I have been waking up earlier than usual with relatively good energy.  I have not been tracking how I "feel" in the morning; so I will pay attention to that.
If I had to answer Yes or No, I would say yes, I feel good in the morning.

Now that I think of it I should pay attention to how I feel DURING THE DAY as well!

Love the adventure

Love the Forum (signed up in 2013)

Rich