Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Help me interpret the data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Help me interpret the data (/Thread-Help-me-interpret-the-data)

Pages: 1 2

Help me interpret the data - junelac - 01-18-2022

[attachment=39056]
Hello,

I started CPAP few days ago with a resmed 10 autoset, and almost immediately installed OSCAR. Could you help me interpret the chart ? I see that I have progressed a lot (from 60 AHI to <5) but I don't really undertand more

Thanks !

[attachment=39055]

RE: Help me interpret the data - Crimson Nape - 01-18-2022

Hi junelac! - Welcome

Your flow limit is driving your pressure to the maximum setting. Also, the use of the ramp is not allowing you to enter therapy as soon as you could. I recommend that you turn it off. This is a guess, but I would set EPR to 3 and be full time. Set your pressure range 10 to 12. This pressure setting will initially limit the swings that may be disturbing your sleep. With the EPR, you will have an inhale pressure of 10 to 12 and an exhale pressure of 7 to 9. The pressure difference, between inhale and exhale, is an attempt to reduce your flow limits.

- Red

RE: Help me interpret the data - junelac - 01-18-2022

Thnaks a lot Crimson Nape !

If I understand well the flow limitation is how the air is blocked in my airways ?

RE: Help me interpret the data - Crimson Nape - 01-18-2022

You are correct. A Resmed responds to flow limitations with a pressure increase. A bi-level pressure approach will help in reducing this condition. The pressures I recommended are based on a pressure range that you are currently accustomed to and should provide a "proof-of-concept". Further adjustments may be needed later.
- Red

RE: Help me interpret the data - Melman - 01-18-2022

I agree with Red's recommendations. I probably would have recommended leaving the max pressure at 14 but the use of EPR at 3 is most important. We're assuming you know how to change pressure settings. If you don't the instructions are here:  https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsense-10-aircurve-10-setup-info

Post you data again after a night with the changed settings and we will recommend whatever further changes are necessary.  When you post use F12 to get the screenshot of your daily page. Please see the links below on how to organize and post your data. Best wishes'

RE: Help me interpret the data - Gideon - 01-18-2022

Post your Sleep Studies. We want to see the full studies, not just the summaries, feel free to redact your personal info.
As stated above your flow limits are thru the roof and I too would recommend EPR=3, full-time to treat them, BUT you have a complicating factor and that is the bulk of your AHI is central apnea and higher EPR may only may aggravate and increase Central Apneas. This is why I'm asking for your sleep studies, I want to see what centrals are on your diagnostic study, and on your titration study if you had one.

We do need to see how you react to the EPR,

RE: Help me interpret the data - junelac - 01-18-2022

Thanks a lot to all !

Gideon: unfortunately I just have the summary from my sleep study (and didn't have a titration study) however the doctor was categorical I have OSA only.

In any case I have to see the resmed technician soon, I will see what's he's saying of the results

RE: Help me interpret the data - Melman - 01-18-2022

Unfortunately doctors frequently ignore central apnea and diagnose OSA for patients who have complex apnea with significant number of centrals. Ask for your complete study. it's your right to have a complete record.

RE: Help me interpret the data - SarcasticDave94 - 01-18-2022

Welcome to the Apnea Board,

You're getting great advice. I know ramp is on an auto sensing mode, but it's still stealing too much of the therapy time. Let's see what you have on the test results, post redacted, that means black out your personal info. At least we'd have that, but get details if you can.

RE: Help me interpret the data - junelac - 01-19-2022

Thanks a lot again,

I'm going to ask my doctor for more but here what I have (translated):
- total time of sleep 425mn
- slow wave sleep 20% of the total time
- paradoxal sleep : 5% of the total time
- AHI : 59/h
- 02 average saturation: 94%
- Desaturation index: 49/h
- micro breathing wake up (maybve it corresponds to arousal ?): 56/h
- index of legs movements: 1/h