Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement (/Thread-Treatment-6-months-of-Bipap-very-little-improvement)

Pages: 1 2

6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - UARSUK - 01-21-2022

Hi all,

Been trying to treat my UARS in the UK for since august and ive not had much improvement in symptoms - would really appreciate some guidance. Here's last night's Oscar data. My custom flags are: 20,00 3s and 50,00 5s

The only thing that's helped my sleep was buying a cervical collar which eliminated my nocturia and severe tossing and turning (i no longer wake up with all my bed sheets ripped off my bed).

I still wake up multiple times a night (particularly in the second half of sleep) and i'm still v tired. I have no issues with my sleep hygiene. 

I would really appreciate any help, thank you!

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Burrbery654 - 01-25-2022

whats a user flag? you have so many of them

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Geer1 - 01-25-2022

How were you diagnosed? You should post a redacted copy of sleep study results.

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - UARSUK - 01-26-2022

Just with a watchpat test, Uk doesn't recognise UARS. I find that I sleep much longer with my CPAP. Before, i would sleep 7ish hours a night and be  unable to get back to sleep despite how tired i was, whereas with the CPAP i can get 9-10 hours. Is this normal ?

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - UARSUK - 01-26-2022

Here's a screenshot from last night. I changed my trigger to v high to get rid of my CAs. I appear to have reached my "attachment quota of 5 MB" so ican't post any more screenshots".

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Crimson Nape - 01-26-2022

You can always delete your oldest attachments, or use a free image hosting service like imgur.

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - modest811 - 01-26-2022

Looks to me like you're getting a lot of steady leaks, they may not be affecting the therapy, but it's enough to wake you up.

Once that's solved though sometimes the sleep problems aren't up to an apnea or UARS. A lot of things can cause you to wake up at night, multiple times. Whenever i'm going through a particular anxious period my sleep goes to absolute sh*t.

For now I'd try a different mask if you can't keep your mouth closed at night, a full face mask might be the answer.

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Geer1 - 01-26-2022

These last results look pretty good. The first example if anything showed that you might be inducing a central apnea affect with the higher PS.

There are some leaks (mostly in first example) but the flat line constant leak is probably not real.

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - UARSUK - 01-27-2022

my worry is, this forum and others is littered with young thin people that have seen no improvement with CPAP regardless of what their data says and so im starting to think that CPAP is not treating all my arousals (or could even be making my sleep worse - im sleeping longer than ever before).

RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement - Gideon - 01-27-2022

Have you tried on reading your PS?

Try PS=5