Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed Airsense 10) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed Airsense 10) (/Thread-Recorded-hours-2-values-ResMed-Airsense-10)

Pages: 1 2 3

Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed Airsense 10) - midwestguy - 01-28-2022

Buried in the clinical menus under Config > About is a count called Run Hours.
Is this over the life of the machine? Is there another count of usage hours?
I read that someone found they'd been given a used machine by comparing the two.

Thanks,

Harv

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - GuyScharf - 01-28-2022

That is the number of hours the motor has been running. It is reset only if the motor is replaced (a very rare event).

If the number of run hours is greater than 0, it isn't a new machine. You don't really need to compare to usage hours to determine that.

Usage hours are reported over a selectable period (day, week, month, etc.). I suppose if usage hours was greater than run hours, that would suggest the motor had been replaced. I've not seen any reports of anyone detecting that.

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - pholynyk - 01-28-2022

The easiest way to find actual run hours is in 'My Options', scroll all the way down and select 'About'. The Device Run Hours is near the top of the display.

That's on an AS10.

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - SarcasticDave94 - 01-28-2022

Note that the ResMed cool down after sleep sessions adds to the run hours causing a difference between that and usage hours.

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - Geer1 - 01-28-2022

Are you trying to figure out for your original machine or loaner?

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - midwestguy - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:17 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Are you trying to figure out for your original machine or loaner?
My original. If usage hours are lower than actual blower hours,
it's a good reason why it's acting flaky now.

Harv

(01-28-2022, 11:07 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Note that the ResMed cool down after sleep sessions adds to the run hours causing a difference between that and usage hours.

Well, that puts my idea in the toilet. Can't say that machine was "pre-owned" as the used car guys
like to say.

Harv

(01-28-2022, 09:32 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The easiest way to find actual run hours is in 'My Options', scroll all the way down and select 'About'. The Device Run Hours is near the top of the display.

That's on an AS10.

Similar on N10: Options > Configuration > About.

(01-28-2022, 02:59 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: That is the number of hours the motor has been running. It is reset only if the motor is replaced (a very rare event).

If the number of run hours is greater than 0, it isn't a new machine. You don't really need to compare to usage hours to determine that.

Usage hours are reported over a selectable period (day, week, month, etc.). I suppose if usage hours was greater than run hours, that would suggest the motor had been replaced. I've not seen any reports of anyone detecting that.

Aha!  So if I select the entire use period, the hours can be compared to the blower hours.

The glitch is the ResMed cool-down time, which adds to blower time, as mentioned elsewhere here. Still worth a look. A gross discrepancy would be useful.

Thanks, Guy.

Harv

RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10) - Crimson Nape - 01-28-2022

midwestguy - I just looked at your thread and see the "N10" in your question above. Are you referring to the Resmed nasal mask, "N10"?