Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
n30i new nosepiece problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: n30i new nosepiece problem (/Thread-n30i-new-nosepiece-problem)

Pages: 1 2

n30i new nosepiece problem - TaxFreeira - 02-03-2022

been using n30i for several years.  just tried the new nosepiece with removeable filter.  not sure if it is causing a problem or something different.  slept for less than 4 hours, then bathroom.  trying to go back to sleep was difficult and took a very long time.  noticed that i was breathing short breaths. not deep.  changed back to original nosepiece and finally got back to sleep, but still took a very long time.  wondering if change made a difference.  can anyone tell if my stats show a difference between the first less than four hours [until no sleep for a long time] and the rest of the night?  thanks  [attachment=39578]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=39578

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - SarcasticDave94 - 02-03-2022

To make it easier for others to see your OSCAR data, please review this wiki about attaching images.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Attaching_Images_and_Files_on_Apnea_Board

What I saw on your charts seems to indicate that leaks are at least a disruption, possibly robbing therapy effectiveness for part of the time. Those leaks, the several sleep segments, and the overall sleep time of 15 or so hours, all could add up to the therapy not being as helpful as it could.

What might have been the first segment you refer to, it has leaks very high for both total and excessive on this Respironics. Something didn't add in to help out with that change.

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - TaxFreeira - 02-04-2022

I think some of that air leakage would be attributable to the time that I could not get back to sleep. Or does that not show up in the total ? That was probably an hour. During that period of time sometimes I had pulled my mask off or partially off

I am specifically wondering if there is a difference between the first approximate three and a half hours compared to after I got back to sleep

Tried to do the normal F12 key route to print however for some reason it works off and on with Oscar. One time I was using Oscar doing several prints and then it quit in the middle. I had not left the program.

Thanks

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - yankees123 - 02-04-2022

I can only say that for me the new n30i cushion when I use it I feel like I am starved for air.  I love that it is super quiet and the diffuser is great.  When I go back to the original cushion there is no breathing issues at all.  My issue with this mask is being a side sleeper I hear the turbulence of the air passing through the hollow tubes and it is quite upsetting.

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - DaveL - 02-04-2022

yankees123 that's how I felt with the P30i when I tried it. And it made me feel incredibly anxious.

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - Joe Bezz - 02-04-2022

I have exactly the same issue with the new N30i nasal piece! I feel like I am starved for air! When I go back to the older design I feel fine!

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - Marillion - 02-04-2022

I agree with Sarcastic Dave above. The leaks and sleep disruptions are the problem here. Though I was never a fan of the Phillips machines due to their lack of responsiveness to events. When you are due to replace your machine I would highly recommend you go the Resmed route instead.

Having said that. I have on occasion encountered the same thing you did and more frequently as I am getting older. Turning 53 this year and I can definitely say my sleep is not the same as it was when I was younger in my 20s and even 30s. Though still better with my APAP machine than without. I regularly still wake up to use the bathroom once a night and on some rare occasions have difficulty getting back to sleep. particularly when there is a lot on my mind. It helps to try to clear my mind and use relaxation techniques but the simple truth of it is that as you age your sleep does get worse. Sad but true. But there are things you can do to make it as good as it can be and using your CPAP/APAP machine regularly contributes to that.

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - TaxFreeira - 02-10-2022

" overall sleep time of 15 or so hours" is wrong.  i was not in bed that long.  To dry out humidifier and mask i turn machine on, or leave in on, after use.  try to do so for 30 minutes, but sometimes i forget and it is on for a long time. it has to be showing that, or there is an error somewhere?

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - SarcasticDave94 - 02-10-2022

I don't remember seeing anything I myself would say does or does not indicate an idling CPAP.

As for needing to dry the mask after a sleep session, this indicates you're dealing with rainout. This can cause some mask issues by blocking your mask vents with moisture, and it indicates you need to address humidifier settings, heated hose being needed or setting edit as applicable. And a hose cover and hanger will help also.

RE: n30i new nosepiece problem - hegel - 02-10-2022

Taxfreeira, when I look at your chart and see all of events, and then see an AHI of merely 1.84...I agree with Dave that your high leak rate may be affecting your therapy, and perhaps is leading to an under reportage when it comes to a final ahi score. All of that activity and a 25% major leak rate just doesn't add up to an ahi of only 1.8.

Dave has written before of large leaks causing reported ahi to be skewed. this may be a text book case?