Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) (/Thread-BPAP-trial-sleepytin-therapy-thread)

Pages: 1 2

BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - sleepytin - 02-21-2022

Hi, I recently got a sleep study done. The results are low AHI, 15 RDI(REM dependent) with significant Reras.  I got a bipap machine for trial. 
I slept with following settings yesterday,but i still feel like sh*t. 
I have a full face mask and the machine is lumis 150 vpap st. It has no auto mode. So i slept with 6 epap and 10 ipap.

RE: BPAP trial, what to do next? - Gideon - 02-21-2022

Your are in "S" mode 6/10
Increase EPAP to 7 looking to decrease the UA and increase the PS to 5 looking at the RERA history so
Increase IPAP to 12

Then repost.

RE: BPAP trial, what to do next? - sleepytin - 02-22-2022

Thanks for quick reply! 
Here is the Data with the updated settings. I still feel not so refreshed. I also have an autobipap at home,but it doesnt have data recording capabilities.(TOPSON model)

RE: BPAP trial, what to do next? - sleepytin - 02-22-2022

(02-21-2022, 11:46 AM)Gideon Wrote: Your are in "S" mode 6/10
Increase EPAP to 7 looking to decrease the UA and increase the PS to 5 looking at the RERA history so
Increase IPAP to 12

Then repost.

I accidently didnt reply to your message and posted it as a separate reply. I have posted my OSCAR data for last night. Thanks  Shy

Feeling worse on Bipap Trial. 3 day OSCAR data attached - sleepytin - 02-23-2022

Hi,
I was diagnosed with Mild OSA 7.5 AHI with 15 RDI during REM. The sleep report also said significant RERAS. So i think i have UARS too. I have been trying to play around with bipap for a few days with different settings. I still feel tired. Please suggest next steps.

RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - OpalRose - 02-23-2022

sleepytin,
Your two therapy threads have been merged.

RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - Gideon - 02-23-2022

Increased PS is in reading your UAI implying they may be central based.

Try

EPAP=7
IPaP=10

And provide a 10 minute zoomed view centered on some UA events

RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - sleepytin - 02-24-2022

Hi Gideon,
Unfortunately i don't have access to Resmed machine now. It was my father's machine and i slept on it for 3 days to get OSCAR data while he was out for work for a few days. He has returned now. 

I have my own bipap machine for a trial which is TOPSON Bipap ST 150. It has an SD card but it doesnt work on OSCAR,and the TOPSON software i can't find anywhere. I tried IPAP 10 EPAP 7 on my Topson bipap. I still had an AHI of 4.9 today. 

I know this sucks but what could be the best course of action for me now. Is there anything i can conclude from 3 previous OSCAR data reports? I can share 10 minute view of previous UAs.Let me know if that would be useful

RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - Jeff8356 - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 01:37 AM)sleepytin Wrote: I have my own bipap machine for a trial which is TOPSON Bipap ST 150. It has an SD card but it doesnt work on OSCAR,and the TOPSON software i can't find anywhere. I tried IPAP 10 EPAP 7 on my Topson bipap. I still had an AHI of 4.9 today. 

They show TopScan CPAP software availble on their website.  You need a password to download it so you would need to contact them to get the password.

RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread) - sleepytin - 02-24-2022

Thanks! You are a genius,i contacted them and they gave me the password.

(02-23-2022, 10:23 AM)Gideon Wrote: Increased PS is in reading your UAI implying they may be central based.

Try

EPAP=7
IPaP=10

And provide a 10 minute zoomed view centered on some UA events

Hi Gideon,Here is the data from my TOPSON machine and Software.  With EPAP=7
IPAP=10

What do you suggest next?