Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
simple P30i leak fix - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: simple P30i leak fix (/Thread-simple-P30i-leak-fix)

Pages: 1 2 3

simple P30i leak fix - hegel - 02-24-2022

I've attached a small loop of twine to the back head strap, and then thread the velcro strap on a neck brace through that. So the back strap is tethered to the neck brace. This effectively keeps the back of the head strap from riding up on my head. After three nights, it seems to be working! 

I always look to the front of any mask to address leak issues--tightening or loosening straps for fit at the nose and/or mouth. With this mask, it's the back strap that seems to cause issues for me.

RE: simple P30i leak fix - sunsaffron - 02-24-2022

That is my one gripe with the P30i - great mask, but that back head strap is useless for me.

RE: simple P30i leak fix - djont57 - 02-24-2022

I use the Dreamwear headgear with arms with my P30i. Solved the "riding up" problem for me. In general it seems much more stable.

RE: simple P30i leak fix - hegel - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 03:30 PM)djont57 Wrote: I use the Dreamwear headgear with arms with my P30i. Solved the "riding up" problem for me. In general it seems much more stable.

Do you mean the nasal pillow?

RE: simple P30i leak fix - cathyf - 02-24-2022

Which Dreamwear? The Dreamwear FFM has different attachments, right?

RE: simple P30i leak fix - djont57 - 02-25-2022

Headgear for the Dreamwear nasal mask. Simply search Amazon for "dreamwear nasal and pillow headgear with arms"

RE: simple P30i leak fix - Dog Slobber - 02-25-2022

For those asking;

The Philips DreamWear Headgear with Arms fits perfectly onto the ResMed N30i/P30i and stops it from riding up the back of one's heard. I've been using this mashup for a while now.

[attachment=40196]

RE: simple P30i leak fix - hegel - 02-25-2022

I just ordered the headgear with arms for $11.00. I hope this works, but honestly the tether does too. Four nights in a row with the leaks issue solved. It really seems that the back riding up was causing the leaks.

RE: simple P30i leak fix - SevereApnea - 02-27-2022

@hegel

thanks, that's a nice tip about the philips with arms product. I have seen than mentioned before on the board, from memory.

Prompted me to go look for it.

AUD 48.00 down under off ebay:  think I will wait awhile and keep looking around.

Hope it works out for you in the meantime.

Something else to fine tune things is always worth noting.

RE: simple P30i leak fix - DaveL - 02-27-2022

I have an n30i i've been using for about 5 days. Final fix==

I use the Respironics strap AND the ResMed strap. Two straps on the back. The respironics strap is lower. Why? I have a bald spot. The N30i stays where it should be.

(N30i with two straps/tape on lips/soft cervical collar.)