Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CMS 50F record options question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: CMS 50F record options question (/Thread-CMS-50F-record-options-question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

CMS 50F record options question - yankees123 - 03-08-2022

I have a CMS 50F oximeter.  Can someone tell me how to switch from record auto to record manual mode.  The manual doesn’t explain how to change between the two options.  Also can someone please explain the differences between the two and which one is preferable.  
Thanks

RE: CMS 50F record options question - Jeff8356 - 03-08-2022

I have an older CMS50F and it does not have an Auto Record mode.  I have to short press the button on the face to get to the record option, then long press to start recording.
When I first turn my oximeter it goes into "Live" mode which just shows my current info but doesn't record it.

The only record setting for me is "Record On" or Record Off"

If yours is a newer model it may be a feature that was added

RE: CMS 50F record options question - yankees123 - 03-08-2022

Thanks Jeff, yes mine is the new model.  Amazing that I can’t find any information on these different modes.  Hopefully someone has the new model and can help.

yankees123,

Sorry, the only manuals I can find online still show using the menu to start/stop recording:
[attachment=40564]

No mention of Auto Record anywhere.  Hopefully, someone who recently purchased a CMS50F will come along with a better suggestion.

RE: CMS 50F record options question - Crimson Nape - 03-08-2022

By chance, do you have the CMS-50FW (Bluetooth) model?  I just went to the Contec site and there is no mention of Manual and Auto Record.  On the other hand, they do mention of recording to a PC in real time while using the Bluetooth option.  Since you wouldn't need to manually start the CMS-50FW to record, this could be construed as automatic. (I suppose)

This is the best answer I can find.

EDIT:
One last thought; Since any instructions are probably being translated from Chinese, you have to keep a very open mind on the choice of English words used to convey a thought or message.

I have the CMS 50F I believe it’s version 2.0

(03-08-2022, 07:02 AM)yankees123 Wrote: ... how to switch from record auto to record manual mode.  

Where are you seeing this auto and manual mode?  Is it in the manual you got with the device?  Or is it on the screen of the device?

Jeff, when you go to the record screen it says auto and other times it says manual.  I can’t figure out how to toggle between the two and what they actually mean.  Manual is useless

Try pressing the button for at least one second (or press and hold) when you see that and see if it works.  
The button on mine has always been a little fussy and will only cooperate if I press it just the right way.

RE: CMS 50F record options question - yankees123 - 03-09-2022

So Jeff, I was able to toggle between manual mode and auto mode like you said by holding the record button.  But I still don't understand the difference between these two modes.