Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto (/Thread-Noise-Problem-with-Air-Curve10-Vauto)

Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - barberjp - 03-13-2022

Hello Everyone

I have a Air Curve10 Vauto with FX20 Airtouch mask and I have several problems:
1) Machine is about 18 months old and has become more noisy during the night
2) Machine starts on its own in the morning after I switch it off
3) I have moved to a different state and my provider is not providing service anymore (from NY To PA)  Where do you think I should be able to get service for the Machine
Thanks in advance

RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - staceyburke - 03-13-2022

Noise often times is a leak somewhere.  Mine is the water tank - make sure it is seated or try a new one.  All air lines that there are no holes, tightly fitted.  Mask is not blocked in the ventilation ports.

If it is turning on or off expectantly make sure the auto start is turned off.  We have had a number of people that have had problems with it.

RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 03-13-2022

It depends on the noise. Is it just an air leaking or a whining sound that changes in pitch with inhale and exhale?

If it's just an air leak, then you'd want to confirm connections at hose, mask, and humidifier to be certain they're seated firmly.

If the whining is your issue, then it would be likely a pneumatic block failure that has cropped up in some ResMed's. This could be a warranty issue, likely results in replacement of PAP.

RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - barberjp - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 09:10 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Noise often times is a leak somewhere.  Mine is the water tank - make sure it is seated or try a new one.  All air lines that there are no holes, tightly fitted.  Mask is not blocked in the ventilation ports.

If it is turning on or off expectantly make sure the auto start is turned off.  We have had a number of people that have had problems with it.

I am quite sure it's not an air leak.  Where do I turn to check how to activate the warranty?
Thanks for answering me

RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - Crimson Nape - 03-13-2022

You would contact the DME where you purchased your CPAP.

(03-13-2022, 11:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You would contact the DME where you purchased your CPAP.

Thanks for the quick response
The problem is that I moved from NY to PA last year and the DME provider is not allowed to provide service in PA.  So I feel a bit stuck. I have bought supplies from a local place.

RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto - staceyburke - 03-13-2022

You can change your DME, just check your insurance provider for one in your area that is in your insurance network.

Have you checked with your previous DME for an affiliate in your area?

If you have had the VAuto for less than 2-years, insurance isn't involved.  It is a warranty repair. You just need to find a Resmed dealer in your area, and refer your purchasing DME's name.

(03-13-2022, 12:10 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You can change your DME, just check your insurance provider for one in your area that is in your insurance network.

Thanks