Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] New to cpap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] New to cpap (/Thread-CPAP-New-to-cpap)

Pages: 1 2

New to cpap - rover mini bscc - 06-28-2013

Hi, I'm New
I have only just finished the cpap trial and I don't like the mask at all, I changed the mask 5 times during the trial and ended up with the one I started out with a life style.

I have medium level apnia @ 19

I purchased a 2 year old used Resmed autoset locally and then and purchased 2 masks with 1 headgear, 1 SD card and 12 filters for less than one mask here in AU, they arrived in 1 week.

I found this forum and joined up and intend downloading the patient management software and manuals for my machine.

Thanks

RE: New to cpap - jgjones1972 - 06-28-2013

Welcome

We're happy to have you aboard!

RE: New to cpap - Bompa - 06-28-2013

Once again Welcome Aboard!

Coffee

RE: New to cpap - rover mini bscc - 06-28-2013

(06-28-2013, 06:07 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Welcome

Thanks.
It looks like a very good site to aquire knowledge about apnia machines etc.

I sent an email for the Rescan management software but no reply as yet, maybe because it was late Friday afternoon.

RE: New to cpap - rover mini bscc - 06-28-2013

(06-28-2013, 06:07 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Welcome

Thanks,

Looking forward to reading about other members machines and knowledge of products.

RE: New to cpap - trish6hundred - 06-28-2013

Hi rover mini bscc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is lots of valuable information to read here on the board and lots of GREAT help as well.
The mask is the hardest part of CPAP but stick with it, it can take lots of time and PATIENCE.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: New to cpap - SuperSleeper - 06-28-2013

(06-28-2013, 07:54 PM)rover mini bscc Wrote: I sent an email for the Rescan management software but no reply as yet, maybe because it was late Friday afternoon.

The email address is an auto-responder. You should have gotten a reply back within 5 minutes or so. If you didn't, it's possible that your email address got marked incorrectly as "spam". If you still haven't gotten it, I would suggest sending the request from a different email address.

Take care and sleep well! Coffee

RE: New to cpap - rover mini bscc - 06-29-2013

(06-28-2013, 08:20 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi rover mini bscc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is lots of valuable information to read here on the board and lots of GREAT help as well.
The mask is the hardest part of CPAP but stick with it, it can take lots of time and PATIENCE.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thanks trish6hundred,
I have only just received the new masks and they seem to be just fine I seem to be sleeping up to 7 hours without removing it, I love to take it off and sleep on my stomach.

But I am trying to keep it on for the duration.

Thanks

(06-28-2013, 11:15 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 07:54 PM)rover mini bscc Wrote: I sent an email for the Rescan management software but no reply as yet, maybe because it was late Friday afternoon.

The email address is an auto-responder. You should have gotten a reply back within 5 minutes or so. If you didn't, it's possible that your email address got marked incorrectly as "spam". If you still haven't gotten it, I would suggest sending the request from a different email address.

Take care and sleep well! Coffee

Thankyou I will try that.
OkayThanks

RE: New to cpap - Shastzi - 06-29-2013

Try the SleepyHead software.
The price is right too.
(Free!)
For a freebie it is no less than amazing.
(do send in a donation to the author if you like it and use it)

RE: New to cpap - rover mini bscc - 06-30-2013

(06-29-2013, 10:56 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Try the SleepyHead software.
The price is right too.
(Free!)
For a freebie it is no less than amazing.
(do send in a donation to the author if you like it and use it)

Okay I will give it a try.

Thanks for that.