Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card (/Thread-Laptop-won-t-recognize-Airsense-11-SD-card)

Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - skalerpap - 03-15-2022

I am trying to use OSCAR on my laptop. Only 4 nights since I received my AirSense 11, my first ever CPAP machine. I took the SD card out of the CPAP machine and tried to have the laptop read it. I first switched the little lever on the SD card to LOCK. 
The laptop doesn't respond to the SD card insertion-no ding or audible chime-nothing.
I tried anther laptop-same thing.
I do have another SD card and the laptop recognizes it just fine.
Help?

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - Jeff8356 - 03-15-2022

Hi skalerpap, and  Welcome

Presumably you are using Windows ??

Remove all SD cards from your laptop and reboot.

Place your xPAP SD card into the computer and see if it recognizes it.

Don't forget, you should "eject" the SD card properly before removing from your computer.

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - skalerpap - 03-15-2022

Thanks Jeff8356. Yes, it's Windows 10. It worked!
I did reboot, and plugged the Airsense 11 SD card in, having forgotten to slide the switch on the card to locked. Luckily, the laptop just sat there, not recognizing the card. I realized what I had done, so I yanked the card out, slid the little switch to locked and tried again.
This time, the card showed up in Explorer. I copied all of the content to a folder and will now try my maiden voyage into OSCAR.
I previously read elsewhere that if you don't lock the card, the laptop with write a small log file to it, and that will make the card unreadable once you stick it back into the CPAP machine. Can you confirm this to be true?

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - Jeff8356 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 01:05 PM)skalerpap Wrote: I previously read elsewhere that if you don't lock the card, the laptop with write a small log file to it, and that will make the card unreadable once you stick it back into the CPAP machine. Can you confirm this to be true?

That was true for the older ResMed S9 models.  But it shouldn't make a difference with the AS10 or AS11.  Both Windows and Mac write those little hidden files on just about everything they touch.  My AS10 doesn't care that those hidden files are there...

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - skalerpap - 03-15-2022

Ok, great! Thanks so much.

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - linky - 04-20-2022

Do you need to prepare the SD card for Airsense 11 to use it?  I put an SD card in my machine (new to cpap and new machine, first night) but there is no data after taking it out.

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - Crimson Nape - 04-20-2022

If the card was new and removed from the factory packaging, then no you don't need to format it.  It came formatted.  If you had it sitting around and decided to use it, then it is best to format it to a FAT32.  The card must be in the AS11 when it is in use.  Actually, other than downloading your data to your PC, it should remain in the AS11.

RE: Laptop won't recognize Airsense 11 SD card - linky - 04-20-2022

Okay thank you, I will reformat it and try it again. Smile