Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Bipap Titration advice needed. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Bipap Titration advice needed. (/Thread-Bipap-Titration-advice-needed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Rubicon - 03-26-2022

(03-26-2022, 08:05 AM)Rubicon Wrote:  Did you Airbreak the machine?

I'm beginning to think it's "Airbroke".

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Sleeprider - 03-26-2022

i agree with the above analysis, the ASV algorithm is not behaving as expected. This is not Resmed ASVauto, but some hybrid that is unreliable in therapy.

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Crimson Nape - 03-26-2022

He is using airbreak firmware. I had warned him that this code was nothing more than a proof-of-concept exercise and not functional enough for therapy. I hope he will listen to someone else, so he can start getting the therapy he needs.

OK.  I shall try to encourage him to take a more logical approach.

amafra
I will be on Vauto, AVSauto and Autoset for 3 days each.

STOP THAT!!  FIXED PRESSURE 11/8!!! NO AUTO ANYTHING!!!  STOP ****ING AROUND!!!

And also put the old firmware back.

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Sleeprider - 03-26-2022

Just sayin, 11/8 pressure sounds familiar. I got a couple hours out of him before the dial winged back to ASV.

(03-18-2022, 06:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd like you  to try 12/8 pressure in Vauto mode so we have a baseline.  This will prevent pressure surges and show us exactly what is there.  

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - amafra - 03-27-2022

Hey buddies, 
Appreciate all the insights and help.
I'm going to use EOM Aircurve Vauto firmware and see if there is a problem with patches. First ASVs I would be, on march 15 I patched the aircurve firmware and I thought it would work normally, some data was from previews patch.
CrimsonNape, Rubicon, Sleeprider, Sarcastic Dave thank you all, I see how much you want to help to fix my apnea and stubbornness.
Is it possible to understand why central apnea appears In all modes except ASV. I tested unpatched firmware as well.
Last night at the farm, I got a record sleep due to colder weather, tried to not move too much as I had my girlfriend on the side. I had a power outage when I came back. I started cpa[ so she could sleep. She woke up before me, she said I stopped breathing when on cpap.
Thank you buddies.

Last Night. I will keep the same mode more nights. I had a mask medium tight that night.

[Image: pS0cFFk.png]
[Image: PD0GO1T.png]
[Image: oKyyJhK.png]

Rubicon, morning coffee

[Image: J8dDyfI.jpg]

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Rubicon - 03-27-2022

Yup, there you go!

BTW I preheat my cup to prevent cooling too fast.

Can you upload that and future nights?  While that block looks sucky there appears to be some good sleep overall.

End of night is usually REM, where obstructive apnea can be worse, so we need to give this some thought (as those OAs look to be a little central)(but you can't have central apnea per se in REM)(but if they are OAs then perhaps a SMALL increase in maxIPAP should be considered)(to allow EPAP some more room)(in that case, we would specifically be looking for a reduction of OA in that area)(an increase in events would imply that they're central and it's not REM).

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - Crimson Nape - 03-27-2022

Your flow limit is high enough that it is triggering an increase in pressure. Try setting the "Trigger" to High or Very High. This may help in overcoming some CAs. Please list your Ti Max and Ti Min.

RE: Bipap Titration advice needed. - amafra - 03-27-2022

My max Ti is 3.2 or 4, I do not recall, I need to check it.
I slept well, incredible with that many hours, settings are to "med"
I will make the changes, going to a jeep ride with my girlfriend and coming back soon.
Thanks