Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Events not recognized by AHI reading. (/Thread-Events-not-recognized-by-AHI-reading)

Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Pedrx - 03-27-2022

[attachment=41096][attachment=41097][attachment=41098]

Hello, me again:

The CA has disappeared, at least for now, but what about these shots: ~A,B and C?

I believe they show long periods of not breathing?

Presumably due to rather than causing leakage but how to correct this?

Had Apnea for maybe 20 years which, would you agree, is the cause of this deterioration.

Tried various FFM strap tensions, cervical collar, tongue stretcher[Image: gross.gif], more pillows, being nice to the wife - but no difference!

Maybe it occurs when lying on my back, but have found no data on how to improve this.

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - cathyf - 03-27-2022

Crap those are long apneas!

I can't imagine how your machine is missing them, except that it's malfunctioning!

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Rubicon - 03-27-2022

It's OK cause the AHI is listed as 39 million.

Did you do the Airbreak mod?

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Sleeprider - 03-27-2022

You need to be sure the events for CA and OA are turned on in Oscar. Look at the checklist of Event Types on the lower left corner of the charts.

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Rubicon - 03-27-2022

Good eye! I did not know that!

But AHI is screwy and none of the other parameters on top of the individual graphs register. Is that an Oscar issue or a machine issue?

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Sleeprider - 03-27-2022

My understanding is that AHI should be properly calculated, no matter which events are selected in the charts. OSCAR reports the event rate as determined by the machine. The charts are poorly done and should have the monthly calendar minimized, and show the AHI breakdown and statistics at the top of the Daily Sidebar (left column). Oscar does not create event flags, they are generated in the machine data and reported. If there are errors in the data, unfortunately Oscar will report them. Note there is a total time in apnea over 7 minutes, but no events. Kind of bizzare.

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - Rubicon - 03-31-2022

Hey Pedrx-- you still around?

Taking any medications (like the Co-codamol) again?

Did you do Airbreak?

RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading. - kpmccue - 03-31-2022

When was your last sleep study? I say this because I have the same machine and consistently had a good score but had a return of symptoms (wife noticing snoring behind mask, lethargy etc) that the pulmonologist resisted because the machine ( 2yrs old) was giving good scores. I just had a sleep study and wow! My current pressure 11 does NOT improve apnea AHI . I am getting a new machine (BiPAP?) and a pressure more like 17-19.