Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” (/Thread-Was-there-a-solution-for-%E2%80%9CCheck-Power-%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2

Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Jeffo1 - 04-03-2022

Hi!

I have read a number of postings of which people have been having the same problem as I and I wondered if anyone found a resolution.
        Philips Dream Station.                                  
        BIPAP AutoSV
“Check Power” screen with a power cord charger that has a Danger! Sign blinking.

I have had the machine for years and this just happened last night.

I, like others, bought a new power cord, without much success.

I can’t imagine another two nights sleeping without my BI-PAPP since not only do I have CSA and OSA, I have other issues that require me being able to breathe when I sleep.

HELP!! I don’t have a spare machine since I’ve. been waiting for Phillip’s replacement. (Haha)

Jeffo

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Sean B - 04-03-2022

I don't know if this helps at all but I plugged in my new Philips Dream Station yesterday that was issued due to the recall and got the same message; 'check power'. It turned out that I didn't have the cord plugged into the machine far enough. Gave it an extra push and that fixed it.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - OpalRose - 04-03-2022

Jeffo1,
I hope I'm wrong, but you may have a long wait for a replacement ASV from Phillips.

Curious... it seems you've used this machine for many years which indicates you may be eligible for replacement under your insurance coverage.

If you have insurance coverage, talk to your doctor and try to get a replacement through insurance.  If and when Phillips decides to send you a replacement, you would then have a backup.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Jeffo1 - 04-03-2022

Hi!

Thanks for your concern!

I’m still waiting for a replacement for my Dreamscape.  When I last called Phillips, they said that they were going in chronological order from when people initially notified them requesting a replacement.  Although I was one of the first people to respond, they had me down for August - when I first checked my status! 

If anyone knows a shortcut to the replacement process, please let me know!!

Jeffo1

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Gideon - 04-03-2022

Was that August 2023? Just wondering.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - LindanHotAir - 04-03-2022

The Check Power that was cured by properly plugging in the power cord is caused by an identification function in the cord connector. There are 3 contacts. There is a specific resistance value between two of them that identifies the capacity of the power supply. If it is not detected, or the value is out of the expected range, the machine assumes you may have connected the wrong power brick.  This is also used in a lot of laptop computers, so you don’t use the wrong power brick. It’s possible the same brick is used with many laptop computers such as HP or Dell.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Jeffo1 - 04-04-2022

Thanks. I bought a new compatible power brick and I still get a fixed, warning screen saying “Check Power.” Is there a workaround?

Re the Phillips Dream Station replacement. I called to check my status in August 2021, but, initially,I called them in June of 2021.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - zellem - 04-04-2022

either the power supply connector or the adaptor on device was broken.

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Jchrishq - 05-30-2022

I have this same issue. There is nothing wrong with my power cord. It only happens when I travel. I have tried multiple outlets when I travel and other thing work on the outlets, my laptop even works. It’s very annoying that it does this every time I travel and I don’t have a working cpap. I have tried taking out the modem and leaving it out for a bit, then re plugging it in to no effect. Any other ideas?

RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?” - Sleepster - 05-30-2022

(05-30-2022, 11:28 AM)Jchrishq Wrote: I have this same issue. There is nothing wrong with my power cord. It only happens when I travel. I have tried multiple outlets when I travel and other thing work on the outlets, my laptop even works. It’s very annoying that it does this every time I travel and I don’t have a working cpap. I have tried taking out the modem and leaving it out for a bit, then re plugging it in to no effect. Any other ideas?

I would try replacing the power supply.