Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
resmed 10 making noise - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: resmed 10 making noise (/Thread-resmed-10-making-noise)

Pages: 1 2

resmed 10 making noise - Mike A - 05-01-2022

The fan or motor on my resmed 10 is making a whining/buzzing noise, the machine works fine just can't sleep with the noise!

Any idea what it is?

RE: resmed 10 making noise - Nightynite - 05-01-2022

You may find this crazy, but remove your mask from the hose , remove the water chamber and blow in the hose 3 or 4 times real good. It may or may not work, but it worked for me.
Mine was making that whining noise and I thought my motor was also the problem. This whining noise has also happened to other people and another person reported back that blowing in it did help but not 100%. Give it a try and report back. Thanks

RE: resmed 10 making noise - Mike A - 05-06-2022

(05-01-2022, 07:40 PM)Nightynite Wrote: You may find this crazy, but remove your mask from the hose , remove the water chamber and blow in the hose 3 or 4 times real good. It may or may not work, but it worked for me.
Mine was making that whining noise and I thought my motor was also the problem. This whining noise has also happened to other people and another person reported back that blowing in it did help but not 100%. Give it a try and report back. Thanks

Tried that didn’t do anything, it’s definitely coming from inside 

RE: resmed 10 making noise - DaveCar - 05-06-2022

Probably not it.. but mine was making a weird howl/whoosh one night. I smacked it, nothing.. then I pushed on the water tank, there was a "thuk" sound as it sealed and that fixed it.
Inspect your seals, machine to tank and tank to hose fitting.

Blowers do fail though. How many hours on it ?

RE: resmed 10 making noise - OpalRose - 05-07-2022

My first AirSense 10 made a whining sound with each inhale. Nothing I tired solved the problem.
I returned the Apap to Lincare and ResMed replaced it.

RE: resmed 10 making noise - Mike A - 05-07-2022

(05-07-2022, 06:59 AM)OpalRose Wrote: My first AirSense 10 made a whining sound with each inhale.  Nothing I tired solved the problem.  
I returned the Apap to Lincare and ResMed replaced it.

Yeah i bought this used on offer up for $250 with 275 hours.  Been working fine until this noise started i’ve tried all the connections different hoses etc it is definitely coming from the blower fan

RE: resmed 10 making noise - marilyn212 - 05-08-2022

Wow, this sounds like a common problem, 
As mine has started making that whinnie noise 2 days ago and its worse on inhaling, its done 254 hrs, and no way can you sleep with that racket, so I didnt, but am paying for it today with a sore throat and cough ?, so tonight I  will try ear plugs...?? until I  get it sorted

RE: resmed 10 making noise - marilyn212 - 05-09-2022

Hi, I just been in contact with my supplier and they suggested to replace the air outlet.
So ive purchased one, so will see if that improves it when it arrives,  heres hoping..

RE: resmed 10 making noise - barbarafromboulder - 05-25-2022

did the air flow you bought solve the whine?

RE: resmed 10 making noise - kinkorea - 06-01-2022

My machine started making a whining sound, especially when inhaling, about 5 days ago (over the long weekend, of course)

My husband did some research and read that it is often a bearing problem in the motor and they are under warranty for 2 years.

I called the supply company where I purchased the machine, they had me bring it to them, they will ship it to California to be repaired, at no cost, because it is still under 2 years old. 

I am having to lease a machine from them for the month for $150/month, which stinks. But I need it to sleep.

Hope this helps someone.