Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter (/Thread-Where-to-buy-replacement-probe-for-Contec-CMS-50F-Oximeter)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - yankees123 - 05-09-2022

When I bought this oximeter I received it with a finger probe that is fastened with a velcro band.  It does not stay on very well at night.   I see the same probe on line with a finger probe that is much better, like the one you see in doctors offices.  This seems like it would be more secure.  It seems like this replacement probe is only available to purchase from China.  Does anyone have any information where to buy this?  I am concerned if it is purchased from China they can hit you up later with additional international shipping fees.
Thanks.

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - Crimson Nape - 05-09-2022

Cooper Medical Supplies (coopermedicalsupplies) advertises them. "REPLACEMENT PROBE FOR CMS-50F AND CMS-50I" Part #: 50I-STDPR "Replacement finger probe for CMS-50F (new style) and CMS-50I Wrist Pulse Oximeters (Standard Boot Style)"
- Red

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - yankees123 - 05-09-2022

Thanks Red, appreciate it.  Does anyone have the boot style for the 50f and is it comfortable for all night wear?

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - Crimson Nape - 05-09-2022

That style is the only one I've ever known. I have both an "F" and "I" models. Both were purchased around 2015.

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - yankees123 - 05-09-2022

Great, will order one.  Thanks

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - pholynyk - 05-09-2022

I think/know the connector on the old CMS-50x looked like a mini USB plug, but it has extra contacts.
The newer CMS50-F has a USB-C style connector... again with extra contacts - or at least differernt wiring from a standard USB-C plug

I think the booted sensor only came with the old versions, the velcro version comes with the new ones.

Oh, yes, the booted one isn't very comfortable for a whole night if you have stubby (fat?) fingers..

Can anyone confirm that the boot probe won’t fit on the new version.

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - pholynyk - 05-09-2022

This is what the plug on my booted sensor looks like:
[attachment=42153]

The USB C plug is rounded on each side.

You would have to contact Kevin Cooper to see if he has the boot style with the USB-C plug.

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - cathyf - 05-09-2022

I bought the replacement that ships from China -- it was my third probe. I bought it on March 20, and it arrived on April 11. And failed on May 2. The second probe arrived November 10 and failed on March 30. The first probe lasted from May 18-October 2.

As far as I can tell the connector is a standard USB-C -- I use standard cables to sync with my computer and to charge the device.

Once finals are done here I will take the probe apart and see if I can re-solder the connector...

RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter - yankees123 - 05-10-2022

Thanks Cathy F, did you ever have the probe with the Velcro attachments?  Was it that one or the boot type that keeps failing for you?