Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION (/Thread-DID-YOU-GET-YOUR-RESMED-MASK-SURVEY-INVITATION)

DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - srlevine1 - 05-14-2022

I was wondering how many people received ResMed's new mask survey sent to myAir users?

It is billed as a "research project" and appears to collect biometric information.

Considering ResMed's "one-way" information policy -- perhaps this survey can be used to complain about "other" issues. 

Quote:Shape the future of CPAP masks…

[Image: header-project-fit-v2.gif]

[Image: projectfit-separator.gif]  

Stephen richard, we’d like to hear about your mask experience. Download ProjectFit to complete the 5-minute survey, create a 3D selfie and score the chance to win 1 of 5 $500 Amazon Gift Cards*.

Viewing this email on a computer? Scan this QR code with your iPhone to download ProjectFit.

[Image: qrcode_email_m3.png]  

or search for “ResMed ProjectFit” in the app store on your iPhone

[Image: Steps-500.png]  

For more information, visit [url=https://click.resmed.com/]

Download the 5-minute survey app now!

[Image: research-by-resmed.png]  

ProjectFit is a research app for ResMed myAir users.
For Official Rules, click [url=https://click.resmed.com
*Excluding residents of Rhode Island.

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - GuyScharf - 05-14-2022

iPhone only.

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - mesenteria - 05-16-2022

Nothing yet to me.  ???

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - cathyf - 05-16-2022

Hmmm... I was on the ResMed site looking at the F30 instructions, and I left a comment on the "leave a review" section. Basically groused about having to cut the headgear apart and sew it back together so that it would fit my head.

I'm paying a lot of money for a DIY some-assembly-required piece of equipment!

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - DaveL - 05-16-2022

No. No survey. And I use "My Air" though it isn't that helpful.

I also use my iWatch to provide a sleep report. I won't recommend that to others

Best resource is OSCAR. However, I'm a slow learner and I'm dependent on help which I get here sometimes.

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - CorruptAlligator - 05-16-2022

I wish I can give some feedback to improve the N20. I can't use it due to the bad design with an opening up top that causes leaks.

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - DaveL - 05-24-2022

Best information i've seen is in the mask fit instruction that someone provided. I don't have a link

It helped me realize that tiny mask adjustments make a huge HUGE difference. When I'm trying to do this with my mask on, in the middle of the night, after I've woken up I end up with GROSS mask adjustments. That's horrible.

My DME has a habit I hate. I go in. They recommend a mask. I ask them to put me on a mchine. So I put the mask on, adjusted by the attendant, and lie back in a reclining chair for a few minutes with the machine humming. Seems good to go!

Then they take the shop-mask back, go away and come back with a brand new one in a sealed bag. I get to adjust it myself when I get home. Bah. Humbug.

Please take a look at your mask headgear. Are the straps at equal length? I mean is the Left top strap same length as the Right top strap? Same for bottom straps? It makes a difference.

Other thing. I find that the mask headgear stretches over time. Maybe your headgear has stretched.

Hope this helps. Hope someone provides a link for the mask fit link.

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - DaveL - 05-24-2022

Another comment. N20 comes with a fit gauge in the box. Check to make sure you have the right size mask.

I played lots of football and broke my nose a couple of times. They look at me and sell me a N20 LARGE. Nope. I checked the fit gauge. I'm a medium. The large leaks on my funny shaped nose. The medium is wonderful.

Finally, I have two Knightsbridge Dual Band chinstraps. I used his fit instructions and bought the recommended size. However, the bottom straps came off during the night because of the shape of the Knightsbridge Dual Band. To compensate, I got to buy a large N20 with large insert. Bottom strap is below the Knightsbridge Dual Band; Problem solved. Except it cost me $349 Canadian to fix that buying the mask from my DME supplier. That's a lot of money! (I can buy them online for a decent price now.)

RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION - srlevine1 - 05-24-2022

I use a Sharpie to mark the strap positions on my headgear when I achieve a great fit. Then I use these marks to adjust the new headgear to get a close approximation of a good fit starting point.