Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New CPAP user - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New CPAP user (/Thread-New-CPAP-user--36775)

New CPAP user - Lucatz - 05-27-2022

Hello Board Members,

I was recently diagnosed with moderate Apnea @ 16 events per hour via in home test unit. I have a deviated septum and mostly sleep (or try nowadays) to sleep on my stomach. I have been using it for approximately 3 weeks and have opted to use the F30i from ResMed. I did try the N30i, but felt like I was suffocating, I have to say I always have one nostril that's is mostly blocked.

I presently have a ResMed AS11 set @ 4-16 in APAP mode. I do feel refreshed in the morning or at least much better than before. I don't remember when I was able to wake up feeling refreshed prior to this therapy.

Included is last nights and day before screen shot

Thank you
Luca
[attachment=42442][attachment=42441]

RE: New CPAP user - OpalRose - 05-28-2022

Your therapy looks fairly good, but a couple adjustments may help.

First, you're not getting the benefit of using EPR 3 with a minimum pressure at 4cm.

Let's change the minimum pressure to 7cm with EPR set at 2. This should help even out your breathing. Try this for a few nights and repost.

Also, when you repost a screenshot, use the standard view. Starting out, we like to see the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.
Eliminate the calendar and pie chart.

RE: New CPAP user - Lucatz - 05-28-2022

Will do 

Thank You

RE: New CPAP user - Lucatz - 06-03-2022

Hi OpalRose,

I have changed my settings and back to post. The pressure seems to help and actually can feel the difference on exhale. But was wondering why not EPR to 3 instead of 2....is that experience that you have with those numbers? My biggest issue is blocked nose, which normally is not a complete blockage but only one nostril, then it becomes hard depending on which is blocked as I would have to sleep on the side that is unblocked, oddly I have a full face and try breathing through my mouth but that leads to dry mouth. Upping humidity caused water in mask and tube. I had tried bringing humidity to 5 and temp up on degree, but that was not valid setting and still has dry mouth. I will try other settings and see but first wanted to get used to using the machine. 

Here are 2 days of screen shots. I was able to rearrange the charts but did not find what you meant by standard view.

Thank You
Luca

[attachment=42540][attachment=42539]

RE: New CPAP user - OpalRose - 06-03-2022

When looking at your original chart, I noticed the Clear Airways. They are probably treatment emergent and will probably settle down in time, but since I am not aware if
CA's were showing up on a sleep study, and not wanting to aggravate CA's, I suggested a setting of 2.

At this point, you can try EPR 3 and gauge the effect. Repost after a few days.

Dry mouth is usually an indication of mouth breathing. For the congestion, have you tried nasal sprays like Flonase or even a saline nasal rinse?

RE: New CPAP user - Lucatz - 06-03-2022

Hi OpalRose,

I have allergies so I take some pills for that. I also have a deviated septum, which I think is what causes most of the blockage. Even when its not allergy season, there is always some blockage on one side. Saline I will look into that, something like Hydra sense

Thank You
Luca