Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues (/Thread-Equipment-Air-Sense-11-SD-Card-Issues)

Pages: 1 2 3

Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - RDCst75 - 06-03-2022

Hello All,

New to the board and CPAP Therapy!  

Purchased my own equipment due to DME company being out of equipment with no firm date of availability.

So, I purchased my machine through Sleeplay and it is the ResMed Air Sense 11 AutoSet version.

It has Bluetooth/wireless connectivity and I have been successful in reviewing my first few nights of data in the MyAir App.  Of course, during all my research prior to purchasing a machine and the fact that I am a bit of a techie...I would like to see more detailed information on my therapy.  I learned of OSCAR through YouTube and found this board via Google while searching to resolve my issue.

Onto the issue:

I formatted a 32gb MicroSD card using FAT32.  Placed that card in the SD card adaptor and inserted it into the slot on the machine.  Blue activity light activated, and I received a message on the LCD screen that all was well.  Went to bed last night and today when I removed the card to check the data, nothing was recorded?

There are some folders on the card, but no data??

These are the two main folders:

.fseventsd
.Spotlight-V100

Both folders appear to have been created by the CPAP machine when the card was initialized in the machine, as the Date/Time stamp match yesterday afternoon.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help or advice is appreciated.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - Jeff8356 - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 05:15 PM)RDCst7 Wrote: .fseventsd
.Spotlight-V100

Looks like you are using a Mac.  Those folders are created by macOS and are unnecessary, they can be deleted.

Does your microSD adapter have a write protect switch on it?  It sounds like your xPAP machine didn't write anything to the card at all.  Usually caused by the write protect switch being left on.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - RDCst75 - 06-03-2022

Thanks for the reply!

I checked the adaptor and it is not locked.  Will definitely try to format it with my PC and see if that makes a difference, but not sure it will since I was able to format it in FAT32.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - Jeff8356 - 06-03-2022

Either way, both Windows and Mac will write some unecessary files to the SD card.

There is a free formatting tool available (Windows and Mac) from the SD Association.  The group that comes up with SD card standards.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
It will format the SD card correctly based on it's storage capacity (ie: 32GB will be FAT32).

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - RDCst75 - 06-03-2022

Ok cool, I will try that and see what happens.  Thanks again!

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - ECM5 - 06-17-2022

I am just curious if you fixed this.  I am also new have an AS11 & a Mac and I bought an SD card from Amazon and just stuck it in the AS11 and it recorded, I don’t think I formatted it at all.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - RDCst75 - 06-17-2022

Yes, Jeff8356's suggestion worked for me.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - Crimson Nape - 06-17-2022

ECM5 - New SD cards come preformatted to a FAT32.

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - ECM5 - 06-17-2022

Ah thank you I knew it had to be something like that !

RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues - cathyf - 06-18-2022

Something to be aware of if you don't have an SD card slot on your computer and you use a USB adapter -- some of those dongles are unable to tell that you've write-protected the card, and when you plug it into your computer it vomits crap all over your card!

I got so sick of cleaning dot-files up that I installed an ubuntu virtual machine and I only read the card in unix, which is much better house-broken than mac or windows.