Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask (/Thread-Equipment-Airsense-11-How-to-quietly-remove-the-mask)

Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - Doogmeister - 06-06-2022

Hi folks.  On the AirSense 11 Is there a way to stop the flow of air before taking your mask off?  The machine is incredibly quiet but the one thing that disturbs my wife in the night is the whoosh of air from the tube when I take my mask off to get out of bed.  I know I can use the power button on top of the machine but I'd like to confirm if that will mess up my sleep data for the night.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - pholynyk - 06-06-2022

Actually, using the Power button at the top is my preferred method of stopping, middle of the night, or dawn...
Stopping the machine that way simply stops data recording; it will start up again with a new session when you put on the mask again. Minor perq - the time away is not counted in your sleep time calculation, and you don't create a Large Leak while the machine figures out that you've disconnected.

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - staceyburke - 06-06-2022

The only  problem with using the power button is it will start ramp again when turned on.  Most people here do NOT use ramp - you are not getting any therapy when ramp is on....  Yes use the off on button to take the mask off but turn off the ramp,

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - Doogmeister - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 12:11 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Actually, using the Power button at the top is my preferred method of stopping, middle of the night, or dawn...
Stopping the machine that way simply stops data recording;  it will start up again with a new session when you put on the mask again. Minor perq - the time away is not counted in your sleep time calculation, and you don't create a Large Leak while the machine figures out that you've disconnected.

Thanks for this clarification.  That's perfect!  It's amazing how loud that 2 seconds of rushing air sounds in the dead of night.

(06-06-2022, 12:33 PM)staceyburke Wrote: The only  problem with using the power button is it will start ramp again when turned on.  Most people here do NOT use ramp - you are not getting any therapy when ramp is on....  Yes use the off on button to take the mask off but turn off the ramp,

Yes, I hear you.  I turned my ramp off so that won't be a problem.  Thanks

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - Sleepster - 06-06-2022

Note that you can enable auto start so that when you come back to bed all you have to do is put the mask back on.

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - staceyburke - 06-06-2022

For some people auto start has worked but for quite a few it has caused problems. I would not use it.

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - pholynyk - 06-06-2022

On an AS11, AutoStop has be split off from AutoStart - they are separate options now.

Finally

RE: Airsense 11 - How to quietly remove the mask - DaveL - 06-08-2022

That's a real advantage!
I have an S10 *for her* and I had problems with auto stop. So autostart is turned off.