Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask (/Thread-AHi-gone-up-five-fold-using-Resmed-F30-full-face-mask)

Pages: 1 2

AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Summer - 06-08-2022

Hello,

I am back on CPAP, my machine is a Resmed 10 elite, set to 8cmH2O, face mask Airfit hybrid F30 with a cotton liner.

I feel awful this morning, AH at 34 (16.4 OA, 14.10 CA). The other night it was 7.5 AHi. 

It seems that the nasal part of the mask is blocking my nostrils, too tight or is misaligned and I end up mouth breathing.

Is there any particular technique is getting the nasal part to fit, it be could the holes are not linec up or I have the nasal part squished. Note I have realigned the tube to attach to my head gear.

Thank you !

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - staceyburke - 06-08-2022

It could be that or positional apnea or?

You really need to post OSCAR data and from those chats we can tell a lot.

OSCAR is totally free at the top of the site. You also need a SD car in the machine ans a SD reader on your computer.

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - DaveCar - 06-09-2022

Im trying to mentally picture how I adjust my F30 when I start a new one.
I think it was like this..

Set on face and adjust for uniform pressure.
Tighten head top strap and loosen middle mask straps to get it pulling up on nasal area a bit.
Tighten lower mask strap if required to get a bit of lower jaw pressure (keeps my mouth closed).
Try laying down on back, on side, relax face totally. Adjust to stop leaks.

Everyone's face is different, but the F30 works very well for me.
Hope you can get yours working

Central apneas & OA - valve slamming - Summer - 08-03-2022

Hello,

I have been trying over the past few months to get consistent use of my CPAP Airsense 10 Elite, F30 mask and a eliminator chin pillow. But after each trial night the following days I am shattered, after which point I go back to using my Aveo TSD & nasal dilators. I am so tired with it all.

CPAP is used in CPAP mode at 8 cmh20, however last night I increased this to 8.4cmh20 thinking I needed more pressure to help deal with OAs.

Basically, I am awoken by the valve slamming on the mask which sensitises me for the night. This equates to either a central apnea or obstructive apnea. I then know that for that session I am not going to have a good night.

Monday night, I managed about 3 hours @ 8.0 cmh20  = AHI 14.1, CA 8.41, OA 3.0, H 2.7, leak 8.4/l
Last night (Tuesday), I only managed about 1 hour but new pressure @ 8.4 cmh20 = AHI 29.2, CA 15.93, OA 3.54, H 9.74.

I just at a loss at what I should do. Any advice would be very welcome.

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Sleeprider - 08-03-2022

Summer, I have merged your two threads that deal with the problems you are having with the mask. It would help to see a chart to better understand what is happening, but it seems if the mask is causing this much anxiety that it's time to try something different. Are you certain you need a full face mask?

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Summer - 08-03-2022

SleepriderSummer, I have merged your two threads that deal with the problems you are having with the mask.  It would help to see a chart to better understand what is happening, but it seems if the mask is causing this much anxiety that it's time to try something different.  Are you certain you need a full face mask?

Thank you, you may be right but the f30 does feel comfortable, my mouth has a tendency to drop so it feels that this mask should help.

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - zzzZorro - 08-03-2022

F30 is the ONLY mask I can use.  It is a tricky bugger to say the least.
The over the head strap adjustment (tightness or looseness) has a lot to do with the nasal web alignment (angle of attack).
Correct tension on top mask straps is <just> at the point it stops pfarting. ..Learn to tweak the four nasal and mouth corners if necessary..
Mine runs at a 17-18 pressure so it is considerably harder to stop leaks than at lower pressures.
Using a stiff collar was the key to drastically improving overall AHI and adapting to the F30 but it is hot and I weaned away from it at a price of slightly higher AHI and a bit more difficulty with the leak pfatring.
Hang in there-  The F30 can eventually work out well, Believe it or not!

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - staceyburke - 08-03-2022

You left off the event chart. With out that we can’t tell the difference between events (CA, O, H)

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Summer - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 01:26 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: F30 is the ONLY mask I can use.  It is a tricky bugger to say the least.
The over the head strap adjustment (tightness or looseness) has a lot to do with the nasal web alignment (angle of attack).
Correct tension on top mask straps is <just> at the point it stops pfarting. ..Learn to tweak the four nasal and mouth corners if necessary..
Mine runs at a 17-18 pressure so it is considerably harder to stop leaks than at lower pressures.
Using a stiff collar was the key to drastically improving overall AHI and adapting to the F30 but it is hot and I weaned away from it at a price of slightly higher AHI and a bit more difficulty with the leak pfatring.
Hang in there-  The F30 can eventually work out well, Believe it or not!

Thank you for your guidance, It may be I need higher pressure, my leaks seem relatively low but still have a high AHI. I am just so shattered during the day.
Do you use a mask liner ?

(08-03-2022, 02:27 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You left off the event chart. With out that we can’t tell the difference between events (CA, O, H)

Hi, you are quite right, see below. I know some of the CAs are due to me being awake / fidgeting but I am having a shed load of apneas even though the leaks seem acceptable. I can’t seem to get them down.

RE: AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask - Crimson Nape - 08-03-2022

Summer - I have to ask, why aren't you using OSCAR's F12 key to take the screenshots instead of the photos?