Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? (/Thread-Lock-SD-card-when-importing-into-OSCAR)

Pages: 1 2

Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - Labromaniac - 06-11-2022

When I used to use Sleepyhead and a Phillips ASV, I was always warned to lock my SD card so Sleepyhead would not write data to my card and harm it or confuse my machine. I know that that small plastic switch can break if used too much.

With the newer OSCAR software and my ResMed ASV, do I have to bother locking the card with each import? I would love to avoid that step. I do also note that the OSCAR software does not warn me to lock the card.

Can you advise? Cheers.

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - GuyScharf - 06-11-2022

The only time you need to lock the card is when you are using a ResMed S9 CPAP machine on Windows. That is because Windows writes a file to the card and the S9 machines then thought the card was corrupted and needed to be reformatted, thus wiping all data off the card.

Specifically, you do not need to lock the card from your AirCurve 10 machine.

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - Labromaniac - 06-11-2022

Yahoo! And thank you for that! So PC, ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV > no lock needed.

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - airboss27 - 07-08-2022

Does this include the RES11 as well. Which is the lock position? Up or down? Thx!

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - Crimson Nape - 07-08-2022

Locking ONLY applies to the Resmed S9.   As far as the lock position, as shown in the image below, it is in the rearmost position.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - airboss27 - 07-09-2022

Thanks for your help and guidance. I have things rolling and the amount of data is daunting but exciting. I am looking for the "OSCAR for Dummies" resource if there is such a thing that may have answers to questions like why does my sleep session begin on what appears to be USA Central time instead of Eastern? I'm also spending time learning how to navigate this great site.Thanks again for you patience with this rookie questions.

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - Crimson Nape - 07-09-2022

One of the AS11's warts is its clock. Up until the AS11, you would set the time specifically to your locale. The AS11 uses timezones, and not all of them at that. Also, in order to change the timezone setting, will involve the AS11 deleting all the data on your SD card. Bummer! Oh-jeez If you choose to reset the timezone, make a backup copy of your SD card's data on your PC before proceeding. It's good practice to backup the card even if you don't change the time.

- Red

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - OpalRose - 07-09-2022

I believe the Clinician Manual has direction on changing the Time Zone, although I don't think you can change it once you have data on the device.
I remember that the data would have to be erased before changing the time zone.  

Order the Clinician Manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

EDIT:  I see Red has advised on that issue. Smile

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - airboss27 - 07-09-2022

You are a beacon of light. Job 1: learn how to backup SD card. ? I think I’ll live with the time as it is. Thanks again!

RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR? - clownbell - 07-09-2022

Some SD cards show a little picture of a lock corresponding to having the slide switch in the local position, plus a picture of an unlocked lock to denote the slide switch position of being unlocked. Some cards may not have these little tiny pictures. Mine happens to have them, which was pure dumb luck.