Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) (/Thread-OSCAR-not-working-with-my-new-AirSense-11-worked-with-my-old-AirSense-11)

Pages: 1 2 3

OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Chris33022 - 06-15-2022

Hi, I really hope someone here can help me. I bought a ResMed AirSense 11 two months ago and connected it to OSCAR and it's been working fine with OSCAR for two months. I've been able to see my OSCAR graphs and data every morning on my Mac. 

Then yesterday I got my new, identical ResMed AirSense 11 through my insurance (MedSTAR) and I used the same SD card as before, and when I plugged my SD card into my Mac this morning to see my OSCAR graph and data, a message popped up saying: 

<< Your ResMed CPAP machine (model 39485) has not been tested yet. It seems similar enough to other machines that it might work, but the developers would like a .zip copy of this machine’s SD card to make sure it works with OSCAR. >>

I have no idea what this means or what I have to do now, because the AirSense 11 does not come with an SD card. I'd be so grateful if someone on this forum could explain to me what I need to do. Thank you so much in advance!

[attachment=42732]

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Crimson Nape - 06-15-2022

Hi Chris33022! - Welcome
Resmed added some model numbers after the initial release of the AS11. Your model number isn't currently in the list. Don't worry, that should be the only time it warns you of an unknown model number. Another member has already submitted files for this model, and it is probably included in the next release of OSCAR. The new release should occur very shortly.

Whenever you switch CPAPs, always format the SD card before its first use in the new one. This will make sure that there aren't any residual files that may corrupt the new data.

- Red

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Chris33022 - 06-15-2022

(06-15-2022, 03:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The new release should occur very shortly.  

Whenever you switch CPAPs, always format the SD card before its first use in the new one.  This will make sure that there aren't any residual files that may corrupt the new data.

- Red

Thank you, Red, for your welcome and for this useful info! I had only one SD card, so unfortunately I did not use a new one in the new machine because I didn't want to lose the data that was already on it from the old machine. But I've just now ordered a new SD card that I will receive tomorrow. 

When you say that the next release of OSCAR will occur "very shortly," do you mean in a couple of days or weeks or months? I hope it's just a couple of days (or even hours) because I'd hate to have to go for even a week without seeing my OSCAR data every morning! 

Thanks!

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Gideon - 06-15-2022

we are building the release package as you read this.

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Crimson Nape - 06-15-2022

(06-15-2022, 04:09 PM)Chris33022 Wrote: When you say that the next release of OSCAR will occur "very shortly," do you mean in a couple of days or weeks or months?

Yes!  Rolleyes

You can still use OSCAR now.  It was just informing you that it found a model number it did know about.  You can't have more than one device's data on an SD card.  The CPAP registers that card with its serial number, making it unique to that machine. Only one serial number per card. Your previous data should now be history.

- Red

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Chris33022 - 06-15-2022

(06-15-2022, 04:11 PM)Gideon Wrote: we are building the release package as you read this.

Hi Gideon! Thanks so much for letting me know. But unfortunately, I'm not very tech-savvy and therefore I have no idea how long it takes to build a release package. It sounds like something that could take anywhere between 2 days and 2 months. I'm hoping it's on the shorter end of the spectrum. In any case, thanks so much for working on it, and it's an honor to meet you!  

Thanks

(06-15-2022, 04:19 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can't have more than one device's data on an SD card.  The CPAP registers that card with its serial number, making it unique to that machine.  Only one serial number per card.  Your previous data should now be history.

- Red
Ah, that's useful to know. I always lock my SD card before connecting it to my Mac, but despite doing that, do you still think all the old data from the old machine got erased from the card this morning after the card spend a night in the new machine? If yes, I still have the Oscar graphs and data that show up on my Mac (from the old machine), so would there be a way to transfer it all onto a new SD card just so I don't lose it? 

Also, I really really don't want to lose my OSCAR graphs and data from my last two months of treatment (with my old machine). So do I need to create a new OSCAR account when I use my new SD card with my new machine? Or will all the graphs and data from the old and new machine be able to show up on my Mac in the same OSCAR account?

OSCAR stores the detailed data files, but not the files that hold the setting information.  Since you're switching from a Resmed to a Resmed, you can use the same profile.  OSCAR will read the new serial number on the card and make note of it at the bottom of the Statistics screen.  All your previous data and results will seamlessly flow together with the new machine.   One day's data is from machine #1 and the next day's data will be from machine #2.  Also, once you inserted the SD card in your new machine, for all practical purposes, your old machine no longer exists on that card.  You can not have 2 or more machine's data on one card.

The only CPAP that needed the SD card to be write-protected was the Resmed S9 series.  It is probably better not to lock it on the AS11 for 2 reasons. First, you run the risk of forgetting to unlock it before reinserting back in the AS11.  Several members will attest to this.  Second, most of the inexpensive USB-SD card readers do not have the microswitch that senses the write-protect tab position, thus rendering this option useless.

One last thought; SD cards can and do go bad in a heartbeat. It is good practice to copy the card's data to a dedicated directory on your computer for safe storage. Keep this backed up on your computer, and you will always have the data. Also, having a spare SD card on hand doesn't hurt either.
- Red

Red, thanks a million for all this incredibly useful information!

RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) - Chris33022 - 06-16-2022

OSCAR is now working with my new AirSense 11! Thanks for doing this so quickly, Gideon!

But I have one small problem which I also had with my old AirSense 11 when I first connected it to OSCAR: 

The time is incorrect by 1 hour. 

This is particularly bothersome because I also connect my Wellue O2 Ring, so the data for from the ring and from my CPAP machine are out of sync with each other by 1 hour. 

The last time, I fixed this problem by doing a factory reset on my old AirSense 11 and then telling it I was living in Brazil (even though I'm in NY). And that solved the problem. This time I'm not sure I should do that since this new machine is connected to my sleep doctor and to my health insurance and they will be monitoring it for compliance and stuff like that. 

Do you guys recommend another solution, or should I just do the factory reset on my new AirSense 11 like I did with the old one? If I use this solution, I'll have to do it again in the fall because of daylight savings time. 

Any help would be appreciated!