Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Oh do I need help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Oh do I need help (/Thread-Oh-do-I-need-help)

Pages: 1 2 3

Oh do I need help - 4Eversleepy - 06-23-2022

I am a new user, about 10 days.  I have managed to keep the mask on for an average of 6 hours per night.

My problem is I am still having a minimum of 50 episodes per night.
I did the home test and had an average of 29 events.  I have had previous overnight studies a few years back.

I wasn’t feeling like I was able to get enough air on intake and the dr changed it from 15 to 20.  That made it worse.    

I wake up with a flood of air and basically choking.  The mask ( which was fitted correctly at the dr office yesterday) was miserable.  I have a love hate with the mask.  Start out well and ends bad.

Why am I having so many episodes?  I wipe the mask down daily.
Have the clean bag and use it once a week. I have notice that I don’t have to use the bathroom every two hours at night and I am a tad bit less tired.

I really want the bi pap to work since I hated cpap blowing twin engine air into my face.

Any ideas??  Thank you !

RE: Oh do I need help - cartab - 06-23-2022

Hello,

I was on a similar boat as you with the full face mask. I'm a side sleeper, switching to the pillow mask, or nasal mask has been helpful. 

The full face mask gives massive mask leaks.

Have you given those a try?

RE: Oh do I need help - 4Eversleepy - 06-23-2022

I am a mouth sleeper - have to have full mask. I’m also a side sleeper!  Thanks!

RE: Oh do I need help - cartab - 06-23-2022

The F30i has been very useful to me too. It's a full face mask, but the seal on it is pretty amazing. Specially as a side sleeper. Check it out.

RE: Oh do I need help - Gideon - 06-23-2022

Most of us here at Apnea Board have a rather novel way of providing suggestions. It is based on data, not assumptions or statements. The data we prefer to look at are the daily charts from OSCAR. You would be surprised at what we come up with from looking at these charts for just a few seconds that often would be a wrong guess do to a lack of data.

Please post OSCAR charts for us.

RE: Oh do I need help - 4Eversleepy - 06-23-2022

Thank you. My machine came without a chip. Will put it in when it arrives!

RE: Oh do I need help - 4Eversleepy - 06-24-2022

I had my son download Oscar info from last night.  He said I might not have entered my BiPap settings correctly.  hmmm

Here are the reports -these are screenshots, do I share them differently?

RE: Oh do I need help - Dormeo - 06-24-2022

I hope Gideon will give you advice about your settings. To my eye, you need a higher minimum to deal with your obstructive apneas, and a lot less pressure support to reduce the very high number of central apneas you're having.

It would be helpful if you could tell us why you currently have PS of 6, and whether your sleep study showed a central apnea component. If it did, what was your CAI (central apnea index)?

Next screen shot, try to get the left panel and the graphs into one shot, and include all and only these graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

RE: Oh do I need help - 4Eversleepy - 06-24-2022

I'm new - so here is how the RX was written -

BiPap auto
Ipap 15 / Epap 6

pressure support 6

the Dr just changed my Ipap to 20
(let me know if I entered the info wrong..)

Here is the last screenshot -

I don't notice I am having all of these episodes, except the one at 3 in the morning woke me up cause it felt like my mask slipped.  Thanks-

RE: Oh do I need help - OpalRose - 06-24-2022

These are the graphs we like to see:

Flow rate
Flow Limits (ResMed only)
Pressure
Leaks
Snore

Go to:
View / Reset Graphs / Standard
Take a Screenshot by using the F12 key