Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. (/Thread-Would-appreciate-any-input-failure-to-find-8-hrs-of-sleep-in-more-than-a-year)

Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - SammNeedsHelp - 06-29-2022

Have multiple PSGs for someone to look over. Have been having sleep problems for the year. Waking up in the middle of the night, etc. I have a really bad machine, a resvent ibreeze a20. Trying to get it changed out ASAP. Really wish I would have read the wiki page on dealing with DME's because I was gullible and in enough pain to accept the 2nd one they gave me (first one smelled like cigarette smoke).  The DME gave me random resmed equipment instead of the proprietary nonexistent Resvent equipment.  The DME also had no idea how to get the data off the SD card and basically told me to kick rocks. I had to find IMATRIX by myself online to even get the info off the SD card because they provided me with a Philiips Respironics SD card that wouldn't transfer over data or something dumb like that. All around a big poop show.

I also just had 5 different surgeries on my throat and nose.

(images are too big to upload onto this forum). I will post a link to more images when I have 4 posts, they are of my PSG and surgery (no graphic images).

Without a cpap machine I'll wake up every night without fail, 2 hrs into sleep and upon waking have numbness in my hands. Even though the Resvent is poop, it still provides enough therapy to keep me lucid enough to want to get better.

Going to post 6/27 sleep, have 100s of days of data if need be.

will post 5hrs image first, and then 5 minutes..  IMATRIX is a pain in the butt, I can't get 5 graphs on one page so I have to crop the image.  On days where it says I sleep 8 hrs, that's a complete lie. Sometimes it just takes me extra time to fall asleep or wakeup, and I there's no way I'm falling asleep without my CPA machine. Average amount of sleep is 5-6 hrs a night for the month of june.

Since I've had my first PSG I have went from 220-180 lbs.

https://imgur.
com/a/Nv7YuXl

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - SammNeedsHelp - 06-29-2022

I meant to add this, but I am two weeks post op from all of those five surgeries (tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, uvualaectomy, deviated septum, hyoidmandibular suspension). I am out of pain, still unable to sleep an entire "night" without cpap, but time will tell, right?

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - SammNeedsHelp - 06-29-2022

three PSGs. The most recent one I am about 180lbs 5'9, so 40lbs down from my first in the summer. My RAI without a CPAP is 58/hr, AHI 6, RDI is 35. With a cpap/bipap the numbers look a lot better but my sleep is still messed up.

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - Dormeo - 06-29-2022

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it may take time before you can size up the differences your surgeries may have made. I hope you'll find they help you sleep better.

Just so you know: the PAP machines have no way of knowing when you're asleep and when you're awake. They will record events that may sometimes be events happening while you are actually awake. For the chart you posted, do you think you were asleep before 19:00?

Also just so you know: it's normal to wake up off and on during the night. The wake-ups are often so short that we don't remember them. What makes for a bad night's sleep are taking a long time to fall asleep, wake-ups that last longer than a minute or so, or shorter wake-ups that are frequent enough to disrupt orderly progress through sleep stages (light, deep, REM).

How are you doing on following the guidelines for good sleep?

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
• Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
• Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
• If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
• Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
• Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
• Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
• Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
• Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
• Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
• Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
• Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - SammNeedsHelp - 08-01-2022

am i having central apneas?

During this time i am 100% asleep. Dormeo my sleep hygiene is perfect, but thanks for the info.

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - SammNeedsHelp - 08-01-2022

shorturl.at/
kuIUVg

Here is a google link drive for my entire sleep history if someone could please go through it and tell me what they think.  (copy both lines and then paste it into your address bar and hit enter)

To make it work, download IMatrix from the manufacturer SmartMed au (search for it on google)

then drop my patient file into the IMatrix patient folder which will be located in your documents folder, I am thankful for any input you may provide.

RE: Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. - Sleeprider - 08-01-2022

The charts are helpful, but I'd like to see a zoom of the respiration flow rate where things appear to smooth out and it looks more like a sleep pattern a little later in the night at 19:30. Your minimum pressure is only 5.0 and I think you might like a minimum pressure a bit higher at 7.0 and to add in the Resvent exhale pressure relief. I forget their name for it, but it works similarly to the Resmed EPR. The flow rate closeup you provided shows very erratic respiration rate and volume, and I have doubt you were asleep at this time.

[attachment=43649][attachment=43649][attachment=43650]
Actually have no idea from when that chart is taken now. sorry.

here is actually a chart from when I have it at 7.5 though,